Those who keep saying "JB is getting harder and harder" (iPad 3 jailbroken)

maturola

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
For all of those that keep saying over and over.. "Apple won", "JB is taking longer and longer", "JB is dead"..etc.etc.

iPad 3 Jailbroken on released day.

I wanted to make this thread since I always try to find a source to quote on when the JB first was shown (even when there is a lot of work to make it Public or what i call, stupid proof) and i never can, so this way i can quote myself.

“@MuscleNerd: jailbroken iPad3: http://t.co/tbCIdvhN http://t.co/lxR1zcFo (Just a first step, still lots of work to do! No ETA!)”
PS: also i am running a very long and boring test and i know there will me more than one that want to create an argument out of this =)

Last edited:

EngageWithRage

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2012
Your girlfriend's house
This is truly fantastic to see!
Apple strongly cautions against installing any software that hacks the iOS. It is also important to note that unauthorized modification of the iOS is a violation of the iPhone end-user license agreement and because of this, Apple may deny service for an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that has installed any unauthorized software.

I LOL'd at this

You mean your Apple "Geniuses" WON'T be able to not fix any issues I have on my phone? Oh joy..

Last edited:

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Cat is getting smarter all the time. However sometimes the cat messes up.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
For all of those that keep saying over and over.. "Apple won", "JB is taking longer and longer", "JB is dead"..etc.etc.

iPad 3 Jailbroken on released day.

I wanted to make this thread since I always try to find a source to quote on when the JB first was shown (even when there is a lot of work to make it Public or what i call, stupid proof) and i never can, so this way i can quote myself.

PS: also i am running a very long and boring test and i know there will me more than one that want to create an argument out of this =)
And to top this off, @i0n1c apparently has an entirely different exploit.

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
5.1 = similar code from 5.0.1, so changes are probably easier to highlight. i doubt this will be the case when 6.0 is released. they will have to go line by line again.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Cat is getting smarter all the time. However sometimes the cat messes up.
Well said.
It's great news and I'm really excited.
But not to say that jb's are easy nowadays and Apple didn't step up their game.
Let's stay optimistic though:)

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
I believe musclenerd's is the tethered one that requires a dev account that he has tweeted about in the past. That one is important so they always have a way look for untethered stuff without a bootrom exploit for the A5* cpus.

chpwn also has a jailbreak, but he hasnt given details, just that he jailbroke his today and asked if that was 3.

i0n1c has been tweeting about this one for a month now. It seemed to start when he hinted about it by asking for the next ios to come out quickly.

war eagle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Yeah jailbroken to the dev team means nothing because they can't release most of them because they're using apples code or take advantage of having a developer account. I hope it comes soon though.

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
the day that a jailbreak becomes truly impossible, I will leave apple and jump to 'droid. my philosophy is that it's my phone and if I want to mess it up and install sutff to make it unique then that should be my choice.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
the day that a jailbreak becomes truly impossible, I will leave apple and jump to 'droid. my philosophy is that it's my phone and if I want to mess it up and install sutff to make it unique then that should be my choice.

I like to think Apple don't actually slip up by leaving a back door open they actually purposely do it to see if the hackers can find it !

;)

okwhatev

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2005
I like to think Apple don't actually slip up by leaving a back door open they actually purposely do it to see if the hackers can find it !

;)
Making iOS devices total walled gardens with no hope at all of a way in would seriously diminish their enthusiast supporters and significantly impact their bottom line. To put it another way, somewhere between those two ideas lay the truth.