those who purchased through att.com and have not received email please read

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ttowsontt, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ttowsontt macrumors newbie

i was trying all day on apple.com and att.com and finally got through around 3pm eastern time on att.com and purchased the phone. i received a confirmation number at purchase. i waited for an email and never got one, checked my order status and got nothing, and i checked my amex statement online and saw no charge. everyone on here said to be patient, it might take up to 24hrs to report. so at around 830pm eastern i called att and the representative told me that if my card was NOT charged then the transaction did NOT go through, regardless of if i received a confirmation # or not. he said there was a chance it hadnt posted to my amex statement online yet and to be certain i should call amex and see. well, i did, and there was no charge at all pending, attempted, etc. so, i just went to apple.com and ordered there, waited about a half hour, called amex and sure enough there was a charge from apple.com. so do yourself a favor a do not assume because you have a confirmation # with att that the order went through because in my case, it did not and the att representative said that there are tons of orders were given confirmation numbers that did not go through. not trying to stir the pot here, just a heads up.

2. Lopes macrumors 6502

thank you for this info, and I did the exact same thing as you, and am beginning to think the same scenario played out for me. Only difference was a used a debit card for at&t, and an amex for apple. Got the confirmation and a charge from apple, and zippy from at&t. No email, no pending charge, no info when I check my order number. I ordered from them about 30 minutes after you, and the website was definitely wonky while I was doing it.