Those who reserved iPhone 3GS at Apple Store.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ainjo1919, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ainjo1919 macrumors regular

Can you pick up the iPhone any time of the day? Might they run out by noon?

2. astrobanana macrumors regular

just because you reserved them, doesn't mean they put your name on it and save it for you
    its based on a first-come first-serve basis, and will be distributed as so
    if i were you, id wait in line as soon as i could

3. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

No one seems to know. Managers of Apple Stores are telling people that you will have one held for you for a day, and then if you aren't there by the end of the day on Friday, they sell it to someone else. Apple's site says they are not held. I am showing up early just in case. I honestly do not believe they will sell out nationwide on Friday.

4. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Well, crud. What's the point of reserving it if they aren't going to actually reserve it? I thought that was the point of ordering it online to begin with. If that's the way they are doing it it sounds like all they are doing is saving themselves the 3-minutes it would take to see how much you owe them.

I'm kind of glad I ordered mine from AT&T for delivery now.

5. Apple Corps macrumors 68020

There is considerable feedback DIFFERENT than what astrobanana gave. Try the search function - there is an exhaustive thread on the very topic.

6. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

One thing to keep in mind, with all of the pre-orders taking place, there's a god chance they won't sell out at the Apple store.

7. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

The Apple Store Manager I talked to said that the online 'pre-order' was more like a qualification check with AT&T to make sure you are eligible for an upgrade. Notice, they didn't give anyone a reservation ID or number to give to an employee when you get to the front of the line so they can go get an iPhone for you. They just sent an eMail out telling you what to bring and what phone and plan you select. She also told me that if I got there on Friday there would be a phone for me and I would not be waiting with people who didn't pre-order and if i wanted to I could get a different phone than I pre-ordered i.e. 32GB Black to 32GB White or 16GB Black to 32GB White (there are many ways to do exemplify this.

DPA

8. azsprty macrumors 6502

i was told i am not guaranteed a phone, im only on the list....so im in line by 5 am

9. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

I am also going in line at 5AM, but my Apple Store (Orland Square in IL) is in a suburban town. I got there at 7:30AM last year for the iPhone 3G launch and to my surprise there was already a good 7 hour line. I am hoping that 5AM will get me to the front even though I will have to wait outside the mall until the doors open at 8AM. I am mapping out the shortest way to the Apple Store from one of two entrances so when the mall doors open I can get to the front of the real line.

DPA

10. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Pre Ordered my 3GS 16GB white one from Best Buy today and they will have it ready for me on Friday.

Man I feel like a little kid on Christmas, I always swore I would never get this hooked on Technology, until I bought the 3G two weeks ago WOW what a rush...:eek:

I even have Friday off to get my phone and play around with it :D

I love my iTouch 16GB but this thing Rocks, I just hope everyone is as happy with their phone as I am with mine...

Good Luck on Friday, also Best Buy still has some left to Reserve according the NJ store...:rolleyes:

11. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

I preordered through apple to pick up at a store in the Los angeles area and when i called to confirm...i was told that although it wont have my name on it...as long as i show up the day of the release im pretty much guaranteed to get one. They claimed that they will have enough stock. Who knows though :confused:

12. tivoboy macrumors 68030

stopped taking orders

It appears that apple.com is no longer taking pre-orders, stating they "want to make sure they have enough for those who have pre-ordered"

which leads me to believe that they SHOULD have units in hand in stock for those with STORE pre-orders.

13. ainjo1919 thread starter macrumors regular

ugh I just hope there isn't a long line, I'm getting there at exactly the time it opens, which is 7am... There's 2 Best B:eek:uys near that apple store I'm going to, so I'm not worried if I don't get one at the apple store, which I doubt.

14. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I'm going around 4-5 am now that it looks like I'll be able to get one for $200 less than I thought. I may opt for the 32GB one now, so I want to be early since I reserved a 16GB one originally.

15. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

Do lines really start that early? I was thinkin of gettin there by like 6 30 ... all apple stores supposed to open at 7 am right? Is there really gonna be that kinda a crazy line? If i dont get one launch day when do they normally have more by? thx in adv... already called att to make sure id get it for 199 ...

16. wr1020 macrumors regular

Lines definitely start early, back when the Palm Pre came out a few weeks ago i was at best buy the evening before and two people already formed a line outside. Phone came out Saturday morning and i was there at 6:30pm Friday and they were outside already, so just goes to show people will definitely line up early if they really want something.

17. AzWildcat macrumors member

I confirmed this three different times with different stores:

Phones will be held for those who have reserved them until the stores close on Friday evening. After that, you are on your own. The Pre-Reserve/Auth or whatever you want to call it is to inform the customer if he/she needs to pay a deposit and the exact cost of the phone for them (Fully or partially discounted...); In addition it quickens the paper work process.

18. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

oh ok thanks ... im not that crazy i may end up there by 6-6 30 am and try my luck at apple and bestbuy. Wanted an iPhone since the first one but never could really justify it but now somehow its cheaper if i join with my moms plan instead of prepaid even with an iPhones plan so i wanna use that as a reason to be able to get one.

anyone here waiting obscenely early?

19. tivoboy macrumors 68030

lines

I sure hope there isn't a HUGE line, I am on crutches since monday! I talked to my local store, they said there would be TWO lines, one for res holders, one for not.

Nothing about "if you have a res, you will get it Friday" but Heck, I'll go with my starbucks thermos slung over my shoulder, and my backpack and my vicadin pills and stand on my crutches for a few hours at least.

:)

20. tivoboy macrumors 68030

email

I just got an email update, which said what to bring, and said * having a reservation doesn't guarantee getting a phone.

21. dsn112 macrumors member

I spoke to the manager at the store Im going to and he told me as long as I come friday, I will get one for sure, he siad they had 530 of them and the ones that were resevered were put aside. He told me that only 170 we reserved at that store.

22. ryvetted macrumors member

Yep, lots of coffee, my headphones and DS.
    You can't sit down?

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You do realize what happens when you drink lots of coffee don't you :p I'm not sure you want to get out of line to recycle that coffee.

24. ryvetted macrumors member

Ha, forgot about that! Okay, just a little Starbucks.

25. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I'm gonna get to the Apple Store when it opens in the morning in hopes that there won't be a huge line waiting for me...