Those who were waiting for white: Wait, Black or iP5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tronic, Jul 23, 2010.

?

White delayed again, now what?

1. Wait

6.9%
  2. Black

70.3%
  3. iP5

22.8%
  1. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

Just wondering what everyone else will be doing now that we may never see a White iP4. Like many, I've held off ordering an iP4 so I could get my hands on a nice white model but with today's announcement it seems like it may never happen. Personally, I'm a little unsure of what my next move will be.

Go ahead and order a black iP4 and wait til mid August.
    Wait for a White iP4 until Christmas.
    Or just wait for iP5 because of all the hardware issues this revision.

At this point, I AM kinda leaning towards waiting for an iP5 for the following reasons:
    Black would take a couple more weeks to get, I'm moving to a third world county for 3 months this fall and would be leaving my iP4 here anyway regardless of color, and all the hardware fiascoes.

So, what is on everyone Else's mind?

2. mlpsponzischeme macrumors regular

Everyone was wondering why Apple was keeping everyone in the dark on when the white would be available... Looks like there was a good reason. I caved yesterday and order a black 32gb from AT&T so I was acutally happy to see they aren't coming out any time soon. What a shame. It's a great looking phone in white. Kind of boring in black.

3. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I'm going to the apple store to reserve a 32gb black after work. Since apparently you can't reserve from the site anymore. I'm done waiting. If they gave us a concrete date maybe I'd wait. But "later this year" isn't gonna cut it.

4. Tronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Tronic

5. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Ideally, I'd wait for ip5 and just skip this one in protest.

But, really? I will probably buy the black one.

I won't buy a white one at the end of the year. That's just stupid.

6. n00basaur macrumors regular

Ordered a black one after reading the news today.

7. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

What article? There is a lot of Apple news today.

Link please

8. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

I'm just getting a black one. Who knows how long the wait will be for white. I'm very much looking forward to all the new features with this phone. July 30, Canada launch day. I'm there.

9. n00basaur macrumors regular

Oh, it's here

Just kidding. What article do you think it could be from today that talks about the white iphone delay?

10. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Black. I can't wait 6 months. I don't have a phone right now.

11. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

I'll wait. I was looking forward to getting the new iPhone. The antenna thing was bit of a turn off, so to speak. I was still going to get a white one with a case regardless, but I guess that isn't happening now. My 3G still works. I don't need an iPhone 4 so much to just settle with black.

12. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

I'm waiting, not sure what for. I have a 3Gs that I was perfectly happy with before June. I also have a contract with unlimited data which I would lose if I upgraded. I have a bit more time now to put aside a few shekels every month towards buying an iPhone sim free when I decide to go for it, thus keeping the unlimited data (I use the radio a lot).

Pissed off for my husband though. He's stuck with a cracked 2G and was going to get my 3GS... :(

Whether I go for the white eventually depends on when it arrives. If we're looking at Christmas-ish then I might as well wait for the next revision, I'm sort of past caring. Who knows, I'll have to think it over. I don't want boring black though, that much is certain.

13. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

Wait. To be honest the 500 quid I've saved could be better spent elsewhere. The 3GS'll do for a bit.

14. Tronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Tronic

Yeah the appeal of the iP4 has kinda been soured for me after all the delays and false promises of delivery. Along with the hardware issues it just seems like the best choice for myself is to wait for iP5, but thats really gonna suck. Maybe I can dump my 3G for a couple hundred and buy a used 3GS to tide me over.

15. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

16. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Couple weeks? No problem. Couple months? No way. Reserved a 32gb today. Hopefully the "all hands on deck" this weekend rumor is true and the wait is only a few days.

17. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I was waiting for white but after today I just got sick of it, so I went out and bought a black one. It isn't as bad as I thought, but I will probably do a gelaskin or case or something.

18. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Wait for iP5 (and hopefully, Verizon), is my motto.

19. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

I agree. I thinkg I'll put up with my 3G, and but the iP5 as long as my battery doesn't diw.

And stuff it, I'll buy a iPad now instead.

20. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

I wish I lived where you do. I called all around the city trying to find one, and every place was pre order only.

21. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I will admit I got really lucky. I called up a Best Buy that was about 40 minutes away and asked if they had any. His answer was "we have 1 and I wont hold it first person to ask for it gets it."

I threw the dice and hopped in the car and somehow they went 40 minutes without anyone else asking. :D