Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acevesx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Have you had any luck calling apple either reinstating your order, or reserving one for you at the local apple store?

c5ride

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
Have you had any luck calling apple either reinstating your order, or reserving one for you at the local apple store?

No, they told me there was no way to reinstate the order, they called on my behalf to an Apple store and told me I was at the mercy of the store manager as far as reserving a phone for the 24th. I was told the store manager couldn't reserve one in my name now, but if they had more phones than reservations, they would put my name on one and call me prior to the 24th to let me know. I'm not holding my breath.

Acevesx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
No, they told me there was no way to reinstate the order, they called on my behalf to an Apple store and told me I was at the mercy of the store manager as far as reserving a phone for the 24th. I was told the store manager couldn't reserve one in my name now, but if they had more phones than reservations, they would put my name on one and call me prior to the 24th to let me know. I'm not holding my breath.

That sucks man! I reserved one for myself but I did not reserve one for my woman :(

I still am baffled as to why my order was cancelled oh well

Just tried calling apple cs and got the stupid we can't answer calls message

c5ride

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2010
That sucks man! I reserved one for myself but I did not reserve one for my woman :(

I still am baffled as to why my order was cancelled oh well

Just tried calling apple cs and got the stupid we can't answer calls message

FYI, I did receive a call today from my Apple store manager and they have a reservation for me tomorrow morning and to get there when the store opens. I was shocked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.