All iPads Those with iPad 9.7" and a Mini, which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jabingla2810, Nov 2, 2012.

?

If you can keep one, which one?

1. iPad

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. iPad Mini

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

This a decision i'll be making tomorrow.

I will live with both over the weekend, then on Monday i'll be either selling the iPad 3rd Gen or returning the Mini.

For people in a similar position what are your thoughts?

2. J400uk macrumors regular

Got my mini this morning and I've been using it pretty extensively all day for work, on the train and now at home. Its a good product and I do like a lot, the small size makes it easy to handle and for reading magazines etc its perfect. Also great for casual gaming. BUT... the screen quality simply isn't as good as the new iPad and iPhone 4/4S/5, so it depends what you value more. For the money though its spot on. Whether I'll keep both or get rid of one I haven't decided yet, but for the purposes of the poll I think the full size iPad just edges it.

3. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I have an iPhone 5/15" rMBP/sold my iPad 3, and now a Mini and I believe the screen issues are overblown. The screen looks great to me even after being spoiled by retina displays.

For me the size/weight is ideal, and this will be my go to device for media consumption. Just waiting on a proper YouTube app for iOS 6.

4. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I like my iPhone for simple games like angry birds, cut the rope, jetpack joyride, etc. For bigger games like NOVA, GTA 3, Modern Combat, etc I like the larger screen on the iPad since it's easier to use the controls and still see what's going on. The Mini is great for me because the size is large enough to play those games but it's still small enough and light enough to hold for an extended period of time. I'm coming from an iPad 2 so the screen is fine for me. It's not for everyone but I like it.

5. apierrec macrumors 6502

This is what I need to hear. I have an iP5, iPad 3 as well ... I saw the iPad mini earlier, the screen is beautiful. Not as spectacular as with my other iDevices with retina display but it is looking good.

For watching Netflix, my iPad 3 is perfect. For reading books, iPad mini is the one.

Am gonna hangout in Starbucks with a mini too as my arms get tired easily with the full size. I don't want it out of my hands when I use it in public.

And I travel internationally a lot, so right now, iPad Mini definitely wins.