Those with Magnetic Closures - Question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Dmal99, May 1, 2015.

1. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

Hey, I was thinking of upgrading my band to either one of the loops or the modern magnetic buckle. Here is my concern though. How strong is that buckle? Interestingly, I saw a post on a magician's forum that said his street shows where he takes people's watches are 10x easier with the magnetic apple watch clasps. I bump my hand all the time as well, how easy would it be for me to unclasp the band and drop or lose the watch? What do you guys think?

2. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

I've got the Milanese, I think its plenty strong. yes, you can tug on it hard and loosen it, but typical use that would be a very rare event.

3. jjlannoo Suspended

The Milanese also doesn't come completely undone. It can't flop to the ground unless it slides down over your hand

4. flur macrumors 68000

I tried the modern band on. It has a clasp the clips into place once you have the magnets aligned and won't release until you push the sides in, so no worries about it just falling off. I worried more about the leather being so thin (it's like a thick sheet of paper).

Given that the watch has been out for a week, I highly doubt that magician has seen a ton of apple watches at his street gig, lol. And AFAIK the leather loops and modern buckles haven't shipped yet, so the only magnetic band out there right now is the milanese, which is fairly difficult to get off stealthily. Basically, he's full of crap.

5. Dmal99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Im sure most magicians are haha. The only reason I stumbled upon it is because I searched for magnetic band issues on Google. :)

Ok, thanks guys, I guess I will give the modern buckle a shot. Thanks!