Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
it came with my series 4 and never had it before. Got to be the most comfortable watch band I’ve used. The sport bands used to be annoying certinaly after a workout for example. Do like you can use this for gym and they don’t stay sweaty for example. Certinaly less of a pain to put on...

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
you use yours for fitness? how about swimming? wasn't sure if it was made to use for the pool e.t.c

gsucyclist

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2014
Its a great all around band. I had it on the S3 and now the S4 and have a few different colors. Its my favorite band and pretty much all I wear. Its comfy, and versatile. I use mine in the pool and for all my workouts

Reactions: artfossil

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I’m digging my sport loop. I’ve never had a wristband that uses holes have a hole at the right spot for me. Being able to adjust to any exact length is one of my favorite things with this band.

At some point I may also pick up a Milanese loop, if it doesn’t rip the hair from my arm.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
If I could find something like this that had the ends of the band flare out to conform to the body of the watch (like the Sport bands) I would be all over it. I don't like the right angles the Loop forms with the watch.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I've gotten rid of all my sports bands since the release of the sport loop as it looks so much better.

bluegt

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2015
I really like mine, bought it extra with my S4.

For those who have had it for a long time and use it at the gym, does the sport loop start to smell after a while because of sweat?

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Does anyone have the sports loop paired with the SBSS? I’m thinking about getting it but would like to see what others thought about it on the SBSS.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Haven’t used it in the pool. If I did though I’d consider a silicone sports band heavily over the sport loop.
Having used a white Sport Band for three years, then having switched to the Sport Loop with my Series 3, I much prefer the Sport Loop for swimming and water exercise. It's lighter weight, it's breathable, and as @bruinsrme notes, it's micro-adjustable.

The Sport Loop is so comfortable! I can even sleep in my Watch now, which has been useful in tracking my sleep. And you can wash it!

Here's my new blue version. First time I've ever worn any color with my Watch!

IMG_5328 (1).jpg

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Having used a white Sport Band for three years, then having switched to the Sport Loop with my Series 3, I much prefer the Sport Loop for swimming and water exercise. It's lighter weight, it's breathable, and as @bruinsrme notes, it's micro-adjustable.

The Sport Loop is so comfortable! I can even sleep in my Watch now, which has been useful in tracking my sleep. And you can wash it!

View attachment 788581

Looks nice!

Is it easy to put on? How’s it compare to the regular sport band? I’ve heard some reviewers saying that it was tricky to get on.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Looks nice!

Is it easy to put on? How’s it compare to the regular sport band? I’ve heard some reviewers saying that it was tricky to get on.
It's ridiculously easy to put on. The plastic lug keeps the velcro end from coming loose (really smart design) so you can "open" the band loop as large as you want, then just slide your hand through and tighten the loop. I was quite dextrous with putting on the Sport Loop but this is easier and there's less chance of the Watch dropping.

Reactions: Rangers94

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO

View attachment 788581
Love the color. Is that an Apple band or a third party? Link?

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida

seattlecard

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
It is by far the best band! I won't use any band other than the sport loop. Light, comfortable, breathable and looks great.

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
So glad I went with the sport loop.

It's perfect other than I have to stretch it to get it over my hand and I'm paranoid that the retainer on the end is going to come off at some point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.