Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigdawg4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Today and went to AT&T to test drive the SGS3, while surfing the net I noticed several times that ads kept popping up and you had to X them out to continue surfing. Has anyone noticed while contemplating a switch? I'm not sure what it was running...ICS or JB

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
If it's an S3 in AT&T then it is running ICS. I personally own and spend a lot of time around the S3 and other android phones. They are nice and perfect for many people, However, what always draws me back to the iPhone and iOS Ecosystem is the simplicity and the fluidity of the OS. Android still faces slight lags throughout the interface and "force closes" can't say that I experience those on iOS

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone >

OP's not saying Android is better. OP's saying he tried Android, but couldn't deal with its annoyances, but didn't want to post it in the non-iOS sub forum so they wouldn't be savagely killed by ignorant rabid fandroids

Good thinking, OP.

Bigdawg4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone >

Ok thx...didn't know I was on an iPhone forum!

I know plenty of people have had or used SGS3 and thought I would ask if anyone knew of the adverts that seemed to always pop up while surfing on android...forgive me o' great one

apierrec

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
OP's not saying Android is better. OP's saying he tried Android, but couldn't deal with its annoyances, but didn't want to post it in the non-iOS sub forum so they wouldn't be savagely killed by ignorant rabid fandroids

Good thinking, OP.

haha

Once this gets move in that sub-forum, don't even go there, OP. But their comments (hate on Apple and even iFans) in every tech article praising iP5, make me giggle. :D

Bigdawg4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Ok thx...didn't know I was on an iPhone forum!

I know plenty of people have had or used SGS3 and thought I would ask if anyone knew of the adverts that seemed to always pop up while surfing on android...forgive me o' great one

Tyvm for stating the way I should have! I'm a huge apple fan and don't really wanna switch but I like the larger screen of the SGS3, but like just about everything else about the ip4s which is what I have. If the ip5 had gone wider and longer I wouldn't even think about switching...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.