Thought about weight lifting with watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kirkhuffy, Jun 18, 2015.

1. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

So, here I am at the gym wearing my watch. Today is my heavy squat and deadlift day. Midway through deadlifts I had a question to myself: can the sudden/violent slam of the weights hurt the watch in any way?

My guess would be it could loosen something up on the inside. I'm not quite at the point where I can gently put 315 down when deadlifting.

So does anyone have any thoughts about this? Think the watch is sturdy enough? I'd hate to take it off and miss the fitness logging.

2. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I'd be more worried about a mechanical watch. Apple watch is fine, not like it has any moving components to become loose ;)

4. kirkhuffy thread starter macrumors regular

You raise good points. Just wasn't sure if it's possible for the screen to loosen or anything involved with whatever circuitry there is. I'm dumb with electronic components so I don't know what I'm saying haha

5. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

Buy Apple care. Then don't worry about it. I'm lifting with mine and washing it after with dish soap. No problems so far.

6. garrym13 macrumors newbie

Call me what you please but I hate working out WITHOUT gloves. Therefore, I end up with unwanted screenshots or the watch asking if I want to turn it off. Now I don't strap the Velcro on my gloves to prevent it. Slightly annoying.

7. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Anything comes loose within 12 months, apple will replace under warranty.

Use the hell out of it and enjoy it. :)

8. kirkhuffy thread starter macrumors regular

Bought AppleCare the first day!

Never have and never will wear gloves. I love the calluses on my hands and you lose grip strength wearing gloves, straps, etc.

Thanks dude!