Thought I needed 5.0 to get the cloud!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Angryipadguy, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Angryipadguy, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011

Angryipadguy macrumors regular

Ok guys how's this work? I just got my icloud setup on iPhone 4S an it's updating to my iPad back and forth yet my iPads still on 4.3.2 and i set nothing up on the ipad! My wife's iPhone 4 which is on 4.3.3 won't do it though. What's the deal here. All the things I read said cloud was a 5.0 only option but my iPad is working fine with it!

2. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

What, exactly is your iPad doing when you say back and forward?

3. Angryipadguy thread starter macrumors regular

well if i do anything on my ipad which uses icloud it will send the data to the iphone 4S and vise versa yet i have set up nothing on my ipad to do this. My wifes phone which is using 4.3.3 is not doing it even though its setup with the same exact accounts as my iphone and ipad!

4. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Your not giving us much to go on.

What are you currently doing and what is happening?

And, what are you wanting to happen?

5. Angryipadguy thread starter macrumors regular

Right you guys know icloud backups your data between devices. so if you make changes on your ipad then it makes the same changes to the other idevices. Well i did nothing to set up my ipad to work with icloud. i have no options on the ipad which runs 3.4.2 yet it is making changes between the 2 devices. As an example i write a note on my ipad and it shows on my iphone and vise versa. I have no options on the ipad to even use icloud and didnt do anything to the ipad to make it do this yet it still does it. i had to set up an account for icloud to use on the iphone 4S yet didnt have to do this on the ipad so how on earth does it know my ipad and iphone need to be linked like this? whats funny is my wifes phone has 4.3.3 and no option for icloud and i cant get it to do the same thing as my ipad is doing?

6. Stetrain macrumors 68040

Are you using the same email account on both devices? I think GMail at least does notes syncing.

7. Angryipadguy thread starter macrumors regular

this could be it. this might explain why my wifes phone dont show anything because she dont have my email on here phone but i have email on both my devices. cheers man you may have answered the question.