Thought I was getting a deal!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by boatcapt, Feb 12, 2013.

1. boatcapt macrumors member

I had been debating on the TBD or a Dell monitor for a while and got on the web this morning on my tablet for work. I found a Dell U2713HM for $559.30!

Well I got on my macbook pro when I got home and the price was 699.00. So I called them and come to find out I was on Austrailia's website. Just my luck, I thought I had a steal of a deal! The $699 on Dell's site is already $100 off.

For $559.30, that made my mind up as to which monitor I was getting. lol

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

I believe the TBD and the Dell use the same 27" panel, but with the Dell you lose the convenience of one cable connectivity.

I'd hang fire if I were you though, going by shipping times, a new TBD is just around the corner.

3. boatcapt thread starter macrumors member

I can get one here in 2 days for $629. And I would be able to use it for my desktop too.

4. boatcapt thread starter macrumors member

With taxes it came to $668.75. It's a done deal now. I think I got a pretty good price. The TBD is nice don't get me wrong and the web cam, speakers etc. would be nice but I hardly ever use my camera on my pro. I was originally only going to spend $300 for a 27", but decided to get the best deal I could on a higher resolution. I will more than likely use the monitor for Imovie every now and then and CS2 on my desktop dell ever once in a while.

----------

What cables do I need to purchase from mono price to get the highest resolution?

5. MJL macrumors 6502a

Dell has often a "deal of the week" special on monitors so you may opt to wait for those. (often worth 20% or so).

6. Joseph Farrugia macrumors regular

So it was a .com.au website you were looking at……maybe you were upside-down :D