Thoughts after using Note 8 for one day

kevjen888

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
It makes me realize this slightly tall and narrow form factor is the trend going forward and rightfully so. IPhone X shares the same formula. I came from a 6S Plus and had used 8 Plus for couple weeks before returnng it. On the pluses I always had difficulty reaching the far left of the screen (I'm right handed and have medium-small hands for guys), with the Note 8, im able to comfortably maneuver the entire screen one handed with ease, and yet also getting the benefit of having a bigger screen. This is not another thread to bash the Pluses, just my honest and personal opinion. What I'm about to say may offend some Pluses owners but after using the Note 8, now when I look at the old Plus phones, they kind of remind me of those electronic drawing boards for kids at toys r us, the wide form factor and thick bezels are such a turn off for me now.

Reactions: xxray

sdwaltz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2015
Indiana
To each their own.

I for one could never own a Samsung phone or any Android phone (went down that road a couple years ago with a Note 3...that road was filled w/potholes), but I understand being a bit turned off by the dimensions of the 8 Plus. I kept my 7 as a backup/secondary phone for this reason.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
To each their own.

I for one could never own a Samsung phone or any Android phone (went down that road a couple years ago with a Note 3...that road was filled w/potholes), but I understand being a bit turned off by the dimensions of the 8 Plus. I kept my 7 as a backup/secondary phone for this reason.
I don't disagree with your to each their own comment, but the Note Series has come along way since the Note 3. And the Note 8 is a really nice device that is fully loaded with plenty capabilities and features. It's much changed since your last experience. For the record, I only use iPhones, but expressing how Samsung has really improved the Note Series and Androids improvement as a whole.

Reactions: JohnCrichton

xxray

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2013
I don't disagree with your to each their own comment, but the Note Series has come along way since the Note 3. And the Note 8 is a really nice device that is fully loaded with plenty capabilities and features. It's much changed since your last experience. For the record, I only use iPhones, but expressing how Samsung has really improved the Note Series and Androids improvement as a whole.
Note 3 is still a really good phone. I have a custom rom on it and I could honestly daily it if the battery wasn't so bad and I didn't need a good camera