Thoughts? Canon g10 to Panasonic GF3?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Smileyboy, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Love my canon g10 but the size of it and the limitations on video, not having HD, have me carrying it around a lot less. I'm looking at moving on to a GF3. Anyone have a similar experience or thoughts? The compact size will move me to take more photos/videos with a more capable ,if you will, camera

2. Smileyboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Thanks!! That helped a lot... I don't think I'm getting the GF3.... the Ep3 may be the way to go....:D

3. gaz81 macrumors member

gaz81

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

definitely, I may not always agree with some of their assessments but in general they provide a lot of detail and usage opinions that help me make an informed decision.

5. Smileyboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Thx. I've been totally addicted to his reviews. It's like top gear for cameras.
    I've changed/narrowed my search. I'm looking at the e-p3 and the e-pm1. The epl3 looks gimmicky to me with the flip out screen.. I may have to take another run to the photo shop.... Thx all

6. gaz81 macrumors member

gaz81

Flip out screens can be very useful, for example taking low down shots or high up.

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

The flip out screen is incredibly useful. It's one thing I love about my G11.