Thoughts from ownership of the Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Sparky2012, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Sparky2012 macrumors 6502

Sparky2012

So after a day with the Apple Watch I'm feeling like I might return it tbh, I think the watch is fantastic in terms of build quality and can see how people would buy and keep theirs but for me I feel it just notifies me of things but results in me going to my phone to reply or whatever.

There are several features I like, such as the haptic feedback, the screen, pinging my iPhone (I always forget where I've put mine).

The heart rate sensor I was expecting more from... I don't know what else I was wanting from it.

I just don't feel that the watch is worth the £339 I spent on it, not for my uses anyway.

I would like to ask, why do you like the Apple Watch? And would you recommend I wait a few days before returning mine?

2. rajat8676 macrumors regular

3. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I'd say wait a little longer. You will most likely find a use for your watch if you give it a little more time :)

4. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Honestly, seeing notifications on the watch is one reason I loved wearing my pebble for the past year and a half and why I love the apple watch now. I get a lot of email from work and most of the messages don't require an immediate response, but some do. Even if I do need to pull out my phone to reply to some, by seeing the notification on my watch I'm able to decide if it's a message that can wait or one I have to deal with immediately. The watch doesn't stop me from having to use my phone, but it definitely allows me to pull out my phone a lot less.

However, it's quite possible that doesn't really apply to you and all or most of your notifications need a more immediate reply. In that case then notifications on the watch are probably less useful (although honestly, I love the ability to reply to SMS messages on the apple watch too. That's something that wasn't available with the pebble)

As far as waiting a few days before you return it, I don't think there's any downside... you have a 14 day return policy, so you may as well take advantage of it. Keep using the watch for another week or so and see if you continue to feel the same way. If so, then by all means return it... it's not going to be for everyone.

5. Trocien macrumors newbie

I felt exactly as you did on my first day. However, over the week I have now found the tiny niche things that I now use regularly. I walk often on my breaks and lunch at work and I really appreciate being able to change songs from my watch instead of constantly pulling out my phone.

I am also appreciating the haptic feedback more and more over time.

Though for the fitness and workout stuff, the more I use it, the more I wish I just had a Fitbit again...

6. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

I found myself enabling notifications that I'd had previously disabled now that it is easy to glance at the watch and ignore them. For example, I'd long ago turned off email notifications. I still ignore most of them, but it's nice to know that I won't miss an important one.

7. jsbaugh macrumors 6502

I'm really enjoying my Apple watch when I didn't think I would at the beginning. Notifications are great and rarely have to look at my phone now. I like the health apps and the battery life on mine has been amazing.