Thoughts: iPhone 6s+ to the 8+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigMcGuire, Sep 15, 2017.

1. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

My thoughts on the 8+ (I actually did this, just thinking out loud):

Originally I was going to keep my 6s+ (that I got in May 2016 on the Apple Upgrade Plan). But when I saw it was only $130 to get the 8+ and $45.xx/mo vs the $44.xx/mo I'm paying now, I spent 5 minutes pre-ordering it just now. Sure, I could get maybe $200 selling the 6s+ back to Apple next May but... wireless charging, 2 cameras, glass back...

About the glass back, thinking I may try to go caseless because the glass back should be a lot less slippery than an aluminum back. Also ordered an Anker wireless charger ($21).

Probably won't drop any $ on the USB C quickcharging offerings because $75 is just too much. My Anker 4.8a chargers should do a good enough job charging at a pretty quick pace as they do on my 6s+ over the 1amp iPhone brick. Will only the Apple USB C rapid charge?

If anyone has questions on the AUP process let me know, I'm on Verizon.

2. pat500000 Suspended

pat500000

I personally think ip8 or plus..whichever... is great for you. I think it should be good enough for 3-4 years..unless you have an impulse to buy new one annually.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think you will appreciate the features with Tru-Tone, considerable speed increases with the A11 Bionic and the dual camera capabilities are really nice. But I also look to experiencing the glass back, as I prefer not to use cases.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Excellent choice! I also jumped on the 8+.

5. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

I'm upgrading from the 128gb 6s Plus to the 256gb 8 Plus. The ear speaker is starting to act up to the point where I use my bluetooth headset when I make calls.

I'm already on the unlimited plan and gladly accepted Verizon's $275 trade in offer. I doubt I could get much more than that selling the phone on the open market.

I'm paying about $40 a month for the phone... 0% interest.

Not at all interested in the X.

6. DavidMc macrumors member

As a 6s+ owner too I think there is enough new features in the 8+ to make the upgrade worth the cost. I would love to have seen a OLED display but the true tone sounds interesting and I know is praised on other devices. With that said I could of held on to this 6s+ for another year to see how the X and 8 seperation in the lineup pans out, but the oldest son needs a iPhone 5 replacement so I will get the new 8+ and pass this 6s+ on down.

7. bambooshots, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017

bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

I was leaning towards the X to replace my 128GB 6S Plus.

But there is something to be said to for mature technology that has been proven. Besides, I've used a Plus since the IPhone 6 days. I'm pretty used to it by now.

Haven't pulled the trigger on the iPhone 8 Plus yet but I see no reason to wait. I like the water resistance, getting rid of the useless 3.5mm jack, really want 256GB, am interested in trying out a dual camera phone, and would appreciate a larger screen than the X even if the Plus is physically larger, wireless charging is just gravy...The list goes on...

Honestly, the only reason I can see to hold off on buying the 8 Plus is that I might only keep it for one year. I can see Apple introducing an X Plus next year, or maybe FaceID Gen2, maturing some tech and even introducing something new that I would REALLY want.

8. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Great choice. iPhone 8 Plus will be a decent upgrade over your iPhone 6S Plus.

I personally myself is getting iPhone X. The only downside for me is pushed back Launch date and price. [​IMG]