Thoughts of future iPhone size offerings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ASUgrad1999, Jun 3, 2017.

1. ASUgrad1999 macrumors regular

ASUgrad1999

If the rumors are true regarding the iPhone 8 having a form factor the size of the 7 but a screen the size of a 7+ I don't see Apple continuing with a Plus sized phone after this year (with the 7s+). I think we will see a revamped SE sized phone with possibly a slightly larger OLED screen either next Spring or next Fall.

2. sledgehammer89 macrumors regular

sledgehammer89

I'd like to have an iPhone with the screen dimension of a Kindle Paperwhite! 4:3. iPhone Plus screen height is exact the same, but width is too tall. Then call it iPhone Pro or iPad nano...

18:9 format on "iPhone 8" does have exactly nothing to do with the screen estate of a iPhone 6/6S/7 Plus. Nothing. As iPhone Plus screen is lightyears away from an iPad mini, which have the same Pixels as to bigger 9.7" iPads and also 4:3 format.

3. Relentless Power, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The SE seems highly likely for a return. I'm thinking reduced bezels with more usable display, OLED, rounded corners, etc. The SE has a lot potential in Apple's line up for improvements and is one of the better iPhones I have used with in the last three years.

Here is some purported (Unverified) leaked images of the SE.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/05/10/iphone-se-iphone-7s-ion-x-glass-rumor/amp/

4. tresmith macrumors 6502

I was just thinking about this exact topic.

What I would like Apple to do is to offer a smaller iPhone 8 in a size that is proportional to the 7 as the 8 is to the 7 plus.

5. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

I agree, when i upgrade from 5S to 7, i really like the current 7 size. I enjoyed .7 inch larger from 4 to 4.7 inch screen. After i tried the samsung S7, I feel that the best size for me is abt 5.1-5.2 inch Inside the current 7 dimension which can house in this 5.2 with reduced bezel of course, i like that i can hold the 7 with ease in one hand and the weight is just perfect too. The 7 plus is too big for my liking but i know some users like the larger screen.So if apple make the 5.2, i will upgrade sooner. I heard the oled is easier to read under the sun and is also an advantage for our eye sight.