Thoughts on a new minimalist iPhone case . . .

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by erratikmind, Jan 22, 2015.

1. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Saw this new iPhone case on kickstarter, yesterday.

Typically, I rarely uses cases with my iPhones. However, this one looks interesting. I like the simple and sleek design. If the sound enhancing feature works, as claimed, that would be a definite plus.

I wonder if the aluminum construction would encumber the iPhone's signal.

For you iPhone case experts . . . What do you think? Is it worth a look? Any opinions and/or comments would be appreciated.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/itsthetydus/the-ark-aluminum-sound-enhancement-iphone-case-5-5

2. Xultar, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015

Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I find the case in the photos unattractive. While there may be drop protection there is no scratch or ding protection. I've often wondered why people even use something like this over going naked. I guess the look and drop protection are the only requirements in that situation.

Plus they have no pictures of how it will look on a 6. The theoretical drawings do appear to show a better looking render for the 6 version than the 5 version.

3. waynerbbx macrumors member

I just don't get those cases. They don't appeal to me- they look like thongs.

4. JHUFrank macrumors 6502a

JHUFrank

LOL, that is the truth. Not a fan of them either.

5. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

They look great but i wouldn't sacrifice signal quality for a case, no thanks.

6. wxman2003 Suspended

Seems like these cases take a beautiful looking iPhone and make them look ugly.