Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kal-037

macrumors 68020
Original poster
I was on the fence for a while as I’m a picky OCD-driven audiophile (actual diagnosed OCD. ✌️) but who cares about that? lol
With my perfectionist brain I wanted to get the best sounding ear buds. But I saw the reviews of the AP2 and thought even though they are not the absolute best... their features make up for that a bit.
The microphone for calling is incredible, I still love this decade-old shape, color, and fit, but especially for the great improvements in regards to summoning Siri.
They aren’t studio quality (blow you of of the water,) but they are really nice (pretty good bass and clarity.)
Again, they aren’t groundbreaking in the sound dept. Like Sony, Jabra, Bose, and others, but they stand their ground in other ways. I give them a solid 9.1 out of 10 because the sound is still great, the features are cool, I love the design, and software integration is icing on the cake.

My question now is, are the AirPods Pro much louder and much better at bass and vocals?
With the sale of the AirPod Pros being $225 that’s not too bad, but the AirPods 2’s $130 price seemed like a a good choice.
But I’m just curious about any major differences in sound between the AP2 and Pros.
thanks for any help. ?✌️

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Well, going off reviews of AP1 & AP2, where there’s no audio improvement, I’m going to provide my input re: AP1 v APP: You get to hear more of the music/soundstage due to the improved external noise isolation in Transparency mode, but especially in Noise Cancellation mode.

The actual audio isn’t a HUGE step up (though it is noticeable), but your ears perceive it as a better overall sound because the environment‘s denied a chance to ‘butt in’ & detach you from what you’re listening to.

KUKitch

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
England
I too love the AirPods - I had the o.g. and then bought a pair of AP2s last fall b/c the originals were not working well anymore and I'm also a huge fan of what they provide. I've been exclusively on Bluetooth headphones since like 2009 or so - with the first Jaybirds and went through various versions up to the kickstarter for a pair of 'truly wireless' headphones - but those were also just not good enough in the end.

The AirPods have hit the mark for me since the beginning, tiny, solid sound, solid battery, great mic, etc. That said - I tried my dad's APPs at Christmas and I was IMMEDIATELY sold and ended up getting a pair before the end of my trip home. They hold in my ears, something the others never did, have ANC which I'd never had and is awesome (even if it may not be as amazing as a pair of over-the-ears or whatever), the mic is similarly good. I think they get much louder (perhaps that's just the seal), the sound and bass is significantly improved - I personally would absolutely recommend them!

Reactions: Ralfi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.