Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R3CALL

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2014
I would never use an aluminium bumper, for my case it was a Draco

While it looked awesome, it also rubbed against the 4 corners of my iphone5
my grey ip5 paint came off :(

Mechinyun

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
I just bought this. Full TPU protection between metal and frame on all sides and back. Includes a 1mm front and back lip as well.
baseus-fusion-iphone-6-4-7-hybrid-case-11.jpg

baseus-fusion-iphone-6-4-7-hybrid-case-8.jpg

baseus-fusion-iphone-6-4-7-hybrid-case_2.jpg

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
^^that looks nice. You have a link?

Edit::: oh I wish it didn't have a back to it

Cool beans guys!

Ever since iPhone 4 where the aluminum bumpers affected reception to the point where there's "no service," I've kinda gave up on them. But their aesthetically pleasing nature got me thinking about wanting one again... In hopes that signal loss issues wouldn't be a problem in iPhone 6.

*So the AL bumper with "Love Mei" on the side has thin pads to protect it from scratching the phone? I asked this seller if his AL bumper had pads, he said they didnt...

----------

Yes VERY thin pads. They kind of don't even count they are so thin. They aren't going to prevent anything

----------

Hey newone757, how responsive are the buttons?

Hmm I don't really remember so they must have been fine. I can recheck once I get back in town

boba7523

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2011
I would never use an aluminium bumper, for my case it was a Draco

While it looked awesome, it also rubbed against the 4 corners of my iphone5
my grey ip5 paint came off :(

Did you use skin around your bezel first before putting on the AL bumper? If not, you should've..... Kinda self-explanatory...

Yes VERY thin pads. They kind of don't even count they are so thin. They aren't going to prevent anything

Use skin around the bezel first before putting on the AL case for additional protection:)

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
The Vapor by Element Case always caught my eye, buts its discontinued. I wish they made it for the 6+. There have been some aluminum bumper cases mentioned here for the 6/6+ see links below. I like the sleek minimalist look, but drop protection is questionable, and prices of these particular cases are not minimal. Bric Plus claims to not alter reception.

Element Case

Devil Case

Bric Plus

Designed by M

i have an official element case thread in this forum

3N16MA

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2009
Space
6+ is available - that's what I ordered for my phone.

Mind sharing the link? I did a search and all I could find was the 6, even on their official site. I did find one seller on ebay selling the 6+ version but I'm not sure if it was just mislabeled or actually the 6+ case.

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
Did you use skin around your bezel first before putting on the AL bumper? If not, you should've..... Kinda self-explanatory...

I know. I've already said about 3 times in this thread I'm still waiting for my full body skin before using the bumper full time...

Mechinyun

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Last edited:

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
Hey newone757, how responsive are the buttons?

Got my skinomi full body in. A very tight fit and I actually had to trim two corner pieces to get the bumper to close.

On retest the buttons are not very responsive at all. Mute switch requires a bit of fingernail to get to as well. And it's pretty slick so easy to drop if you aren't careful. Also retested GPS and it seems to work fine in my house.

I still love it though

vishavg

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
Got my skinomi full body in. A very tight fit and I actually had to trim two corner pieces to get the bumper to close.

On retest the buttons are not very responsive at all. Mute switch requires a bit of fingernail to get to as well. And it's pretty slick so easy to drop if you aren't careful. Also retested GPS and it seems to work fine in my house.

I still love it though

Do you mind posting some photos with your new setup (the skin and the aluminum bumper)? Thanks

Mechinyun

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
I considered going the wrap and then the aluminum bumper route. i bought and installed a best skin ever - but im still concerned the bare aluminum case might might scratch the curved glass on the front.

that's why i switched over to the TPU pan/case combo above.

Thoughts?

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
Do you mind posting some photos with your new setup (the skin and the aluminum bumper)? Thanks

Doesn't really look any different before. I just applied the skin so its not fully cured yet. It was also my first time with a wet install and I'm not very good at ti so a couple of my corners are messed up. But it will do until I figure out a good glass protector and back matte film.

Mechinyun

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Looks great, hows the signal? Any different than naked, naked plus bumper, wrapped plus bumper?

stryderlis

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2011
Here are mines.

Attachments

• IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 169

stryderlis

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2011
The buttons work great as if no bumper were on right now and the fit is great also. It is very snug and not lose at all. Like previously stated you do lose signal strength. I went from-90 to-110

vishavg

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2014
The buttons work great as if no bumper were on right now and the fit is great also. It is very snug and not lose at all. Like previously stated you do lose signal strength. I went from-90 to-110

Thanks! I think i'll give it a try

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Thoughts on aluminum bumpers?

Doesn't really look any different before. I just applied the skin so its not fully cured yet. It was also my first time with a wet install and I'm not very good at ti so a couple of my corners are messed up. But it will do until I figure out a good glass protector and back matte film.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/IfDXEaq.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i.imgur.com/ai3k0Cn.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i.imgur.com/35kvilr.jpg]Image[/URL]

Very nice! Which bumper is this?

Edit: I looked back and saw you got this off eBay I already have one of those on order. We'll see how it looks when it arrives :)

Last edited:

troyhouse

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2010

[url=http://i.imgur.com/IfDXEaq.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i.imgur.com/ai3k0Cn.jpg]Image[/URL]

[url=http://i.imgur.com/35kvilr.jpg]Image[/URL]

really love this case. i have this with zagg and luvme aluminium bumper.

i had apple leather case and then transparent case, didnt like both of them

jmk2888

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
I have just received my Airybody bumper for my iPhone 6 plus. I absolutely love this bumper, however there is one flawed. The volume toggle switch extension that came with the case makes toggling very stiff and hard other than this no problems.

I know some of you were concern about the thickness of the bumper, rest assure that it's not thick at alll, very similar to my Sector 8 regarding thickness.

I used have a Real Elements Sector 8 bumper on my iPhone 5, but I did not want pay $180 for a bumper and wait til next year for it. Element Case is falling behind with these bumpers.

By the way, I have a full Glass Screen protector from Nillkin.

Here are some pictures, please let know if you have questions.

I have retract my review on the loss on reception. While I have installed my bumper at home last night, I was also testing the signal strength and only experience 1 point drop. This so happens that there is a cell site around the corner of my house so there is always full bar, I didn't think much of it.

However this is not the case today while at work. My phone pretty much stay on 3G the who time where I usually have LTE. Lucky I brought the small screw driver that came with the case, I began my testing at work.

Turn out that signal lost is huge, I went from an average -114 to a -89. I have e-mailed Airybody for a full refund, this case is going back and I'm extremely sorry for my previous review.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.