Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
AT&T has a couple of deals going on right now on iPad minis...

iPad mini 2 for $99 with purchase of an iPhone
iPad mini 3 for $149

Both of them require a 2 year data agreement, which for my plan, is $10/month.

Any thoughts of these? I haven't been able to justify the cost of an iPad (mini) but these prices make them look a little better. I'm still not sure I'll benefit or use them all that much, but I have been considering one a lot more now that I'm using a desktop.

Oh, and they are the 16 GB LTE models. Overall they're less than buying one outright from Apple.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Before making a 2 year commitment on those, you say you aren't sure if you will use it much. Maybe you can buy one from Apple or best buy and return it within the 2 week period before making that 2 years commitment on the contract. I don't like to make those commitments unless I know for sure Id be using it.

Secondly, would you use the LTE on the iPad? or would a wifi-only model suffice? Because if you wouldn't need the LTE, you could use that $240 you save on a refurbished wifi model from apple.

http://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad/ipad_mini_3/wi_fi

goomba478

macrumors regular
May 10, 2012
I bought the LTE iPad pro from AT&T so that I could do the 20 month financing. I'm getting a plan with it that realistically I don't need but is nice to have. For the mini I personally don't think it's worth the agreement. Oh and they still charge like $45 to activate so the savings aren't as good as they sound (something thy failed to mention with my Pro).

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I don't think I would use the LTE and if I do ever need that I can tether to iPhone.

I think I'm going to pass. I'd rather have a desk than an iPad at this point.

Reactions: goomba478
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.