Thoughts on EOS 60D Please

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by pmasters, Nov 19, 2010.

1. pmasters macrumors member

I have a project upcoming that will require a lot of mobility and travel so I have considered how I can decrease my need to haul a bunch of gear around especially since some of the travel will by walking.

I currently own a HMC40 which is very lightweight but when added with a rucksack and laptop, I can see how even a change in an ounce could hamper mobility and add more weight.

I am considering getting an EOS 60D and would like some feedback from those that actually own the product as for its mobility and overall usefulness. I am not all that concerned about the stills function but will use it for stills occasionally.

Thanks for any input you may have.

2. 2jaded2care macrumors 6502

3. 7even macrumors 6502a

I love my Nikon D7000. :p Sorry, that doesn't answer your question.. for video the 60D should be versatile with the swivel screen and additional video options. It should do great if you can handle full-time manual focusing, as it has no autofocus in video.

4. mrbash macrumors 6502

I think the 60D's greatest feature is the Video Capture ability. But outside of that, I feel that the 40D is a better investment. Also, if you have an investment in CF cards, the 60D will require you to buy SD cards as it lacks a CF slot.

I own a 40D, and had the chance to exchange it for a 50D from Canon but declined. I would have done the same if offered the 60D.