Thoughts on EOS 60D Please

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by pmasters, Nov 19, 2010.

1. pmasters macrumors member

Aug 15, 2009
    I have a project upcoming that will require a lot of mobility and travel so I have considered how I can decrease my need to haul a bunch of gear around especially since some of the travel will by walking.

I currently own a HMC40 which is very lightweight but when added with a rucksack and laptop, I can see how even a change in an ounce could hamper mobility and add more weight.

I am considering getting an EOS 60D and would like some feedback from those that actually own the product as for its mobility and overall usefulness. I am not all that concerned about the stills function but will use it for stills occasionally.

Thanks for any input you may have.
  2. 2jaded2care macrumors 6502

Jun 13, 2003
  3. 7even macrumors 6502a

Jan 11, 2008
    I love my Nikon D7000. :p Sorry, that doesn't answer your question.. for video the 60D should be versatile with the swivel screen and additional video options. It should do great if you can handle full-time manual focusing, as it has no autofocus in video.
  4. mrbash macrumors 6502

Aug 10, 2008
    I think the 60D's greatest feature is the Video Capture ability. But outside of that, I feel that the 40D is a better investment. Also, if you have an investment in CF cards, the 60D will require you to buy SD cards as it lacks a CF slot.

I own a 40D, and had the chance to exchange it for a 50D from Canon but declined. I would have done the same if offered the 60D.