Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I had been using IOS7 for a few weeks and got myself an Ipod which came with IOS6.

First impressions were the icons seemed flat and old. I don't like all of IOS7 let me be clear music player is awful, camera needs some work and Safari. However things like the translucent grey taskbars, menus, the keyboard in particular and lockscreen are all very good and modern.

I think I'd like liked to have seen some areas of IOS6 stay with IOS7 and that would have kept everybody happy. Some parts of IOS7 were updated for the sake of change and not because they are better.

Also from experience IOS7 makes Ipad 2 quicker yet IOS7 makes Ipad 3 slower. I guess it's due to the Ipad 2 still being sold?

Oh and I did update the Ipod to IOS7 but miss some areas of IOS6.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
I've had no issues with ios7, would never go back to ios6

its personal preference at the end of the day

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Is the iPad 2 still being sold? Seems odd not to sell an iPad 3 but to sell an iPad 2.
I never got the chance to put iOS 7 on my iPad 3 and it's trashed now but I do not mind it one bit on my iPhone 4S. It runs well, I don't have any issues with it like I did with some of the beta versions and I wouldn't go back to iOS 6. I also happen to really like the camera. It was an improvement.

Icons are things I couldn't care less about. I think focusing on the icons is a waste of time. They're not going to change them.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Is the iPad 2 still being sold? Seems odd not to sell an iPad 3 but to sell an iPad 2.
I never got the chance to put iOS 7 on my iPad 3 and it's trashed now but I do not mind it one bit on my iPhone 4S. It runs well, I don't have any issues with it like I did with some of the beta versions and I wouldn't go back to iOS 6. I also happen to really like the camera. It was an improvement.

Icons are things I couldn't care less about. I think focusing on the icons is a waste of time. They're not going to change them.

Yes they actually discontinued Ipad 3 when Ipad 4 effectively the same product came along six months later only changes were better camera for Facetime, faster processor and lightning charger port.

I would expect Ipad 2 to be discontinued after they announce the Ipad 5 today. I imagine Ipad 4 will drop down in price surely?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.