Thoughts on Gold AWS?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by modernaccord, Sep 12, 2015.

1. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

So I traded my SS for a gold AWS. I really liked the color and trade off, but I miss the heavy feel of the SS watch. I may go in for the SB SS if I return the gold AWS

What do people think of it? Better looking or cheaper looking? I'm torn.

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

better looking definitively, the gold sport one is misleading, people might think its the 10,000$ one, but after a year, wear and tear will be mostly noticable.

The ss one shine under the sun *_*

3. PatrickNSF macrumors 6502

PatrickNSF

I think the SS is more versatile. But I saw the Gold Sport in person last night and thought it looked great...especially when paired with that navy band.

4. 1000 macrumors member

Here is my 42mm sports yellow gold with the black leather band I bought at the same time.. looks money to me... far from cheap. It wouldn't fool anyone into thinking it was 24k gold BTW, it's a very different look than the Edition. I sold my SS for the gold sports (which is what I would have wanted and moaned about being missing at launch) and I prefer the lighter feel of the sports. And as far as visibility in high sun, the sports with it's glass vs. sapphire crystal face is indeed easier to see and less glare. WIN_20150913_16_17_38_Pro.jpg

5. modernaccord thread starter macrumors 6502a

You're absolutely right about the sunlight thing. I love the Ion-X glass color. However, I'm not convinced it's the watch for me. I'll give it another week, but I think I'm going to swap it for a black SS.