Thoughts on MagicDriver?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chrispoole, Apr 8, 2010.

1. chrispoole macrumors newbie

I'm tempted to buy the Magic Mouse, but only once I can do things like middle click, and ideally use expose with it.

Has anyone used Magic Driver? I've searched round, both these forums and google, and can't find many details about it.

Is it any good? Stable? (I realise it's officially beta right now, but these days that could mean anything.)

Thanks.

2. quaternio macrumors member

Haven't used it yet myself (my Magic Mouse is in the mail), but I've heard of people using it successfully; this is the 13th beta update after all. I did already install it, and I just noticed that all told, there is the potential to have up to 16 unique clicking functions (using left/right, left back/right back, taps, and multiple fingers).

I'd also like to know people's experience with it. But I'll reply again once I get time to play around with it.

3. kasakka macrumors 68000

It works well but the gestures are nowhere near as configurable as BetterTouchTool and the two don't work together. BetterTouchTool does work at the same time with my Macbook Pro trackpad though while the Magic Mouse uses the Magic Driver. I wish Steermouse folks just skipped the gestures configuration and simply made the driver work with BetterTouchTool, just providing the mouse acceleration fixes.

For some reason the Steermouse drivers have never had as smooth and natural feel as USB Overdrive when you set them to counter the problems with OSX's crappy mouse acceleration.