thoughts on my site

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by iMacUser324, Aug 31, 2010.

1. iMacUser324 macrumors regular

iMacUser324

It's called App Munchr. Basically, it's going to be an app review blog, news, and other stuff app and Apple-related. Later on, I wanted to create an app with a very clean layout and design that people can use to read the blog, rate apps, and connect with others based on what apps they download and/or rate. So it kinda grows into a small mobile social network based off the apps people like. Any thoughts on the idea?

www.appmunchr.tumblr.com

2. stujmac26 macrumors regular

In terms of the idea, most of what you propose to do is already done by the App Store. However there could be an opportunity to connect people based on the apps they use, although I think that would be extremely difficult to harness.

First impression of your site is that the logo needs to be easier to read - there's plenty of folks on here who can advise you better than I can on that. Clearly without a lot more content it's hard to see how the page is going to fill out, but at the moment it isn't using my screen real estate very well (lots of white space on either side) and the fonts are inconsistent both in typeface and in size.

Major issue for me (probably not for others) is bad English. A quick glance at your site led me to spot 'If your into physic-based puzzle games...' which contains 2 errors and '...lets break down...' which is missing an apostrophe. Probably not a big deal for most people but to me that doesn't look very professional.

Good luck getting your site off the ground!!

3. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

perhaps, use an external CSS file instead of inserting it into each page.

it would also be cool if you can have the navigation highlighted respective of the page the visitor is on.