Thoughts on new rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Awc8587, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Awc8587 macrumors newbie

So I've decided to get a laptop over a desktop for portability. What's everyone's thoughts on the new rMBP? I was thinking of getting the $1499 model for class and movies and what not.

2. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

3. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I'm absolutely stoked to receive mine. It's the latest model, and just came out. Been waiting on it for a long time.

Buy it if you like it. I think the $1499 model offers the best value.

4. Mac.User macrumors 6502

My problem is everything is JUST under what I want.

13in Air with Retina? I'd buy it.
    13in Pro with a dGPU? I'd buy it.
    15in with a 765m dGPU? I'd buy it.

Maybe my standards are to high, but none of the new lineup is really what I want, but the 15in with 750m is the closest.

I cant BELIEVE they sell a 15in Pro for $1,999 and NOT have a dGPU thats just robbery.

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Maybe you're just picky? :p

6. Mac.User macrumors 6502

I think my hangup is that they are all machines they COULD do, but didn't.

7. BlingBling, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

BlingBling macrumors member

BlingBling

I really wish Apple would take Gamers more seriously. I know it's never been their core market but they never even produced a competitive machine with games in mind to even test the waters. I think there's a large un-tapped market of gamers (especially with Steam on mac) who want a mac but can never find a suitable machine/price point to meet their needs. A budget i5/i7 mac pro and 13" regular sized macbook with discrete graphics would be a godsend. As a game developer I'm content with what I'm working on but always long for more.

Seems Apple has OCD with making everything thin and pigeonholing their consumers with very specific products that comprimise flexability for design. Wish Apple would follow their old moto and think different for a change

8. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

Love it. I've been waiting forever and the only things I wanted were Haswell CPU, 802.11ac, PCIe SSD, Dedicated GPU.

And not only did they deliver those things they also increased the maximum SSD size from 768GB to 1TB and gave us Thunderbolt 2.

I ordered mine already it's coming in a few days, fully maxed out 750m / 16GB RAM / 1TB SSD / 2.6GHz CPU model. Can't wait!