Resolved Thoughts On Possible iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Will0827, May 31, 2014.

1. Will0827 macrumors regular

Will0827

I think the surface pro 3 gives kinda sort of an idea of what the unicorn ipad pro would possibly be like. If 10.10 gains some kind of touch screen support i think it could be safe to say that the ipad pro would run it. And if it is running 10.10 it would also be using an intel processor. The surface pro 3 & the 2013 Macbook air both have slightly the same i5 chip, but the same i7 chip. If apple is waiting for broadwell to be widely available it's possible that the ipad pro would use the same processors as would the macbook air if and when it does get updated to broadwell. If the fanless claim of broadwell is true the ipad pro would be even thinner then the surface pro 3 which is supposed to be as thin as the ipads before the air. So the surface pro 3 may be giving us a sort of peek into what the ipad pro could be. Maybe apple could throw in a thunder bolt port along with a single usb 3 port similar to the surface pro sans the thunderbolt port. This is all just speculation but it wouldn't seem to crazy and if such a product were to be made i would be able to ditch my macbook for the fabled ipad pro if it is done in the manner i just stated. What do you guys think ?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

OS X needs to stay on the desktop. iOS needs to stay on mobile devices. Hopefully Apple learns from Microsoft's missteps that creating a "one size fits all" platform is just asking for trouble.

Look at the effort and costs it has taken for Microsoft to wind back Windows 8.

3. miketheappleguy macrumors regular

I'm actually getting the surface pro 3. There has been a lot of misinformation and apple bias in the other thread in this forum about the surface pro 3. Alot of the reviewer critics don't even use windows so they're having to learn the os first. So the surface pro isn't really being given a fair shot. Windows 8.1 was tailor made for the surface pro. And this surface pro really seems to have addressed the issues of the previous two units.

And you honestly don't think Apple couldn't create a hybrid ipad pro with both os x and ios being put on the same unit and allowing a detachable keyboard and stylus? I think...no wait I know they could and they would do it brilliantly too. This is the way computing is going people. You're eventually going to have to adapt.