iPad Thoughts on protecting your new iPad Air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hazeof3dd, Oct 18, 2014.

1. hazeof3dd macrumors member

So I'm upgrading from the 4 to the Air 2, and I've been quite pleased with the look and protection I'm getting from my current configuration, an Apple Smart Cover (Leather), and an iCarbons White backing (when they still sent you a cutout Apple logo ;) ). My iPad 4 has remained in pretty much perfect condition.

As far as my new Air 2 I have on preorder, I was thinking of going with the Apple Smart Cover, despite my dislike of polyurethane, and I've preordered the Skinomi clear screen protector (which I won't use), and backing (which I will use). I feel like I'm doing the best I can with my options available. Anyone else have any thoughts?

2. Trahearne, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014

Trahearne macrumors 6502

Was using iPad 4 with no protection except for the smart cover, which I haven't used much recently, and a MBP sleeve for transport (with some A4 folders). Had a couple of short scratches on the back, but the screen is pristine. Gonna put a tempered glass screen protector on this time, as my Jot Touch PP is on the way to my hands and I am a little bit worried about it. Other than that, I will put nothing, or perhaps an iCarbons back skin if someday I get scratches on the back.

;)

P.S. Sad about what mini3 turns out to be.

3. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

Going with the Apple leather case. I have them on my rMini and Air and not a scratch on either. They add very little weight or bulk.

4. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

Olive brown leather smart case with gold air 2 in it. I have a gold 6 plus in the olive brown leather case. Looks really nice.

5. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

6. Jony Ive macrumors member

I don't need protection, I have a lot of care and my iPads are always like brand new

PS: I don't have kids, that could be a reason

7. houssein31 macrumors regular

Thinking of going only with a smart cover and no back protection. Do you think AppleCare+ would be necessary in that case??

8. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Apple Care +, screen protector and a very thin profile clear back cover. I don't want to hide my Gold iPad Air 2.

9. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

You don't have kids? I SO envy you!

10. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I haven't used protection (aside from occasional use of Apple smart cover) since I got my iPad 3. It's fine with a few minor scratches on the back from me hitting it against a shelf by accident.

11. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

I gave up on cases eventually with my iPad 2 since I stopped taking it with my daily. I'll be using a smart cover for the Air 2.