Thoughts on purchase

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thankins, Apr 29, 2011.

  1. thankins macrumors 6502

    Oct 25, 2007
    I was hoping to get some opinions on an Apple purchase I am making today.

    My current setup is as followed

    27' iMac (Core 2 Duo) 8 GBs of RAM, 1 TB HD
    15' MBP (i5 model from last year), 8 GBs of RAM, 500 GB HD
    Apple TV 2nd Gen
    iPad 2

    I was looking at either getting a Cinema Display for my MacBook or as a second monitor for the iMac but then was drawn to the 11 inch MBA. Just the basic model - to use around the house.

    What would you guys do? Go for the MBA or stick with the Cinema Display?
  2. nealibob macrumors newbie

    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm drawn to the 11" Air as well, but I would hold off as I would expect a refresh in less than 6 months.

    Unless you do need two computers (and many do), I would actually trade in everything you have and get a 2011 MBP and the 27" Cinema display. If you're already planning on dropping a grand, I think you would come out ahead in that case, but you'd likely still have to put some cash down. Or you could just use the iMac as a display for the new MBP, correct? That would probably be the best option. Good luck, regardless.
  3. vaderhater245 macrumors 6502

    Mar 4, 2008
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Trade the MBP for the 11" Air with 4GB. Personally I love the portability of the 11", then coming home to the iMac. best combo for me.
  4. iLucas macrumors 6502

    Feb 5, 2011
    If you're for sure making the purchase today then go for the cinema display, if you hold on to make the purchase for a few months then get the new updated air

Share This Page