Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I am generally "FOR" protectors and my phone, but if I am using a fold style case i'm wondering if it will just be a waste of money.

Thoughts?

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I've never used a screen protector on any of the many phones & tablets I've owned over the years and have never had a problem with scratching. I always use a case, though.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Never used a screen protector on any of the 6 iPads we've had in the family. No noticeable scratches even though we've used nothing but smartcovers on the ones we've had over the last few years. (The original iPads got folio style covers, but nowadays we take the weight side of the protection vs weight trade-off.)

Then again, I'm on my fifth iPhone model and only one of those ever had a screen scratch. I'm not super careful with devices, but neither am I particularly hard on them.

bellhanna

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2015
Screen protector is a little investment that will actually goes a long way... I do have them and it keep me worry free. I'm quite OC so can't live my devices naked..

Reactions: myrtlebee

username:

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2013
Screen protector gives me piece of mind when chucking the iPad in my bag. Also, I find the feel of screen protectors more pleasant than glass. Feels smoother and less grippy. Also, you can get some that reduce glare in case you use your iPad outside.

Reactions: myrtlebee

jacobclause

macrumors member
May 22, 2014
Screen protector gives me piece of mind when chucking the iPad in my bag. Also, I find the feel of screen protectors more pleasant than glass. Feels smoother and less grippy. Also, you can get some that reduce glare in case you use your iPad outside.

I have a glass screen protector. That's odd that you would prefer to not have a glass one-- they typically feel much smoother than the PET ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.