Thoughts on switching to Verizon in NYC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AeroUK, Sep 26, 2011.

1. AeroUK macrumors 6502

Hey,

Thinking about moving to Verizon for the next iPhone as I have been with AT&T for a year and have very bad service in most places I use it, especially at home.

Did anybody make the switch from AT&T to Verizon and if so, what are your thoughts? Are you glad you did or do you regret it?

I cannot find much about it online apart from mention of the 3G speed being slightly slower and no simultaneous calls and data...

Aaron

2. ab1988 macrumors newbie

i personally switched from AT&T to Verizon and it was a fantastic move. Yea, you do lose the ability for simultaneous voice and data but I find it to be much more reliable and rarely have an issue. Haven't dropped one call since I switched. Even though the data is slower on paper, I don't see any noticeable difference.

3. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

4. Muscle macrumors regular

This was one of the 2 reasons why I stayed with ATT, 2nd being my unlimited data.

On a side note, I have ATT, my girl has Verizon, we both live in downtown Manhattan.

Verizons 3G signal is faster and more stable (ie: elevators, basements of restaurants, etc). However the difference is so miniscule that I don't see the hassle of switching.

5. Enrico macrumors 6502

Enrico

Absolutely quoting! I paid an ETF to ATT and switched to unlimited 4G Lte with the Thunderbolt, and now waiting for iPhone 5.

Moving to VZW was the best thing I could do, when I moved to NY to work in midtown.

6. 7even macrumors 6502a

Honestly the only trouble I had with VZW in NYC was in the subway, where no phones work anyway. So I say go for it.

7. AeroUK thread starter macrumors 6502

Does the Verizon iPhone still have visual voicemail...