Thoughts on the 13" MacBook Pro TB after 6 months.

StlCards80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2017
St Louis, MO
Hey Guys,

So, I've had my Mac for about 6 months now, and I have yet to experience any of the issues that were a problem for some when they first came out. It's fast, the battery lasts 8-10 hours on normal use(5-6 running video), and it hasn't crashed on me. The keyboard can be a bit fickle at times, but I'm 6'2 and I'm going to chalk this up to having a small area to work on.

What's everyone else's thoughts after 6 months to a year?

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
I had a 13" nTB MacBook Pro for five months and it didn't give me too many issues. The computer did have a random popping noise but I decided it wasn't worth sending it back for something like that. I sold that computer for a 2016 15" Pro that I've had for over a month now and it's been pretty flawless.

jerryk

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
I had a 13" nTB MacBook Pro for five months and it didn't give me too many issues. The computer did have a random popping noise but I decided it wasn't worth sending it back for something like that. I sold that computer for a 2016 15" Pro that I've had for over a month now and it's been pretty flawless.
Just curious why you switched from the 13" to the 15".

mjwebb

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2016
Arizona
I've had my MacBook Pro w/ TouchBar since it was released (the 2016 version) and I have truly loved it. The keyboard is my favorite part of the laptop as I love how "click-y" it is. Also, I felt in the beginning that the TouchBar was going to be a waste of my money, but I feel with the TouchID included, it has been well worth it.

To be completely honest I felt a little cheated of my more than $2k purchase at the time, but I have loved every second of it and it has made owning another MBP exciting again! Now hopefully I can keep this laptop for several years to come as I know in a couple years the next MBP will probably require me to take out a second mortgage! :p

One area I do have concern, however, is the adoption of USB-C and I really hope more companies other than Apple will support using it with their products rather than me using my handy-dandy dongle. Other than that I will be stoked to see how much use and support I get out of the design and USB-C itself!

Reactions: StlCards80

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
Just curious why you switched from the 13" to the 15".
I was going to buy an iMac to supplement the MacBook Pro but I figured it was cheaper just to sell the 13" and get the 15" Pro. I wanted something more powerful to edit video and photos and the larger screen is easier on my eyes.

Not really a necessary upgrade but one I'm happy I made.

Reactions: jerryk

StlCards80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2017
St Louis, MO
One area I do have concern, however, is the adoption of USB-C and I really hope more companies other than Apple will support using it with their products rather than me using my handy-dandy dongle. Other than that I will be stoked to see how much use and support I get out of the design and USB-C itself!
I hope so, too. The speed of charging and data transfer has been amazing.

GtrDude

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2011
Hey Guys,

So, I've had my Mac for about 6 months now, and I have yet to experience any of the issues that were a problem for some when they first came out. It's fast, the battery lasts 8-10 hours on normal use(5-6 running video), and it hasn't crashed on me. The keyboard can be a bit fickle at times, but I'm 6'2 and I'm going to chalk this up to having a small area to work on.

What's everyone else's thoughts after 6 months to a year?

Couldn't stand the keyboard either.
Returned mine. Got a Lenovo X1 Carbon. Very good keyboard. Never looked back.
Seriously doubt the keyboard being "a bit fickle" has anything to do with you having a small area to work on or being 6'2" lol.