Thoughts on the 13" MacBook Pro TB after 6 months.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by StlCards80, Jul 23, 2017.

1. StlCards80 macrumors member

StlCards80

Hey Guys,

So, I've had my Mac for about 6 months now, and I have yet to experience any of the issues that were a problem for some when they first came out. It's fast, the battery lasts 8-10 hours on normal use(5-6 running video), and it hasn't crashed on me. The keyboard can be a bit fickle at times, but I'm 6'2 and I'm going to chalk this up to having a small area to work on.

What's everyone else's thoughts after 6 months to a year?

2. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I had a 13" nTB MacBook Pro for five months and it didn't give me too many issues. The computer did have a random popping noise but I decided it wasn't worth sending it back for something like that. I sold that computer for a 2016 15" Pro that I've had for over a month now and it's been pretty flawless.

3. jerryk macrumors 68030

Just curious why you switched from the 13" to the 15".

4. mjwebb macrumors member

mjwebb

I've had my MacBook Pro w/ TouchBar since it was released (the 2016 version) and I have truly loved it. The keyboard is my favorite part of the laptop as I love how "click-y" it is. Also, I felt in the beginning that the TouchBar was going to be a waste of my money, but I feel with the TouchID included, it has been well worth it.

To be completely honest I felt a little cheated of my more than $2k purchase at the time, but I have loved every second of it and it has made owning another MBP exciting again! Now hopefully I can keep this laptop for several years to come as I know in a couple years the next MBP will probably require me to take out a second mortgage! :p

One area I do have concern, however, is the adoption of USB-C and I really hope more companies other than Apple will support using it with their products rather than me using my handy-dandy dongle. Other than that I will be stoked to see how much use and support I get out of the design and USB-C itself!

5. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I was going to buy an iMac to supplement the MacBook Pro but I figured it was cheaper just to sell the 13" and get the 15" Pro. I wanted something more powerful to edit video and photos and the larger screen is easier on my eyes.

Not really a necessary upgrade but one I'm happy I made.

6. StlCards80 thread starter macrumors member

StlCards80

I hope so, too. The speed of charging and data transfer has been amazing.

7. GtrDude macrumors regular

Couldn't stand the keyboard either.
    Returned mine. Got a Lenovo X1 Carbon. Very good keyboard. Never looked back.
    Seriously doubt the keyboard being "a bit fickle" has anything to do with you having a small area to work on or being 6'2" lol.