Thoughts on the "new" feature of inertial scrolling

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WonkyPanda, Apr 15, 2010.

1. WonkyPanda macrumors regular

WonkyPanda

So, been playing with it and I don't know if it translates as well to the laptop world. I love when i use it on the iPhone but it feels a bit 'funky' using it on the trackpad. Maybe it's me, but it just doesn't feel quite right. I am going to give it some more time but I personally may be turning this feature off.

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I've never tried it, but it seems cool, and you can always disable it so there's nothing to lose :)

3. hazedragon45 macrumors regular

what is in the new trackpad that makes it impossible for the old MBP to have this also through an update?

4. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

AFAIK Nothing, it's just an unreleased update away :)

5. pastparticiple macrumors regular

I never liked inertial scrolling. But as has been said you can always turn it off. If it was the only option I wouldn't be happy.

6. hazedragon45 macrumors regular

i think it would be awesome on the MBP as an option. I used to have an iPhone and i found it convenient when i had to scroll. Lets hope an update for it is not too far away

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

It's cool but it gets to you. On a small screen like an iPhone, the motion isn't ok but once you use it on bigger screen like, it hurts my eyes because of the blur in motion.