Thoughts on the "Reception Case" vs Nude?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dugbug, Jul 9, 2010.

1. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

This thing looks really nice. I have been considering switcheasy's nude, but wonder if this isn't a bit nicer.

Here are some quotes from questions:

There is an opening for the volume and lock/silence switches on the case. So you have a full access to all those buttons at all times. The Reception case is meticulously designed so the openings are all within nano millimeters of the switches for maximum access and protection.

"Nano millimeter" lol.

More:

The Reception case ships with both front and back anti-scratch screen guards so the case will not scratch neither sides of the iPhone. In addition, the case is made with a single mold no tooling lines uni-body Polycarnonate to ensure it has a smooth finish both in and out.

They claim complete testing with flash and camera.

And finally as any sane iPhone user would know, nothing beats the power source anti-glare front film for gliding/texture and visibility. it comes with two films (one for bottom and top), but you can use other films and skins (such as the zagg) with it according to the questions. Also works with iphone universal dock.

http://www.ivyskin.com/iphone-4-case/iphone-4-reception-case.html

[​IMG]

2. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Wow 0.6mm. That's quite thin. Cheap too. I'd like to see this and hold it in person.

3. ccross macrumors newbie

4. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Just put in my order in for one to hold me over until my Vapor ships.

5. fender57 macrumors 6502

Looks nice and if it truly solves the flash issue, it seems like a bargain. It does not fully protect the front, in other words, if you laid it face down it would screen on table. If you checked out the questions, it seemed like that question was asked several times and the person answering was intentionally skating around the question by saying it came with protective screens.

6. OnNightfall macrumors regular

I would say stay away from these cases if your looking for a serious form of drop protection. These cases are great for those looking for something that shows off the phone for what it is and protect it from scratches.

7. robotphood macrumors 6502a

Seems like the flash would operate correctly judging from the size of the cutout. There's plenty of cases that protect your iphone from drops. These kinds of cases protect from plenty of other types of damage (scratches, bumps, dings etc...). Should help with the reception issue and give a little grip to the phone. Not sure why anyone would put their device face down but personally I'm not a fan of any screen that isn't flush in the first place.

Some tidbits from the Q&A section