thoughts on using Canopus 110

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jbsteven, Oct 13, 2008.

1. jbsteven macrumors newbie

I intend to import a VHS home video (transfered to a Dvd) into iMovie and have been asking on the forum about Streamclip, etc... Someone at Apple thought a better approach would be purchasing a canopus 110 unit or
    the El Gato ITV. Both will convert analog video content directly to the Mac for import into iMovie or iPod, etc... a more expensive approach but is it more streamlined and easier for a tech-challenged Mac user like myself?

thanks.

2. RatVega macrumors member

The Canopus ADVC-110 or the DataVideo DAC-100 are both affordable and flexible ways to get analog signals like VHS onto FireWire where it can be captured for editing.

I think you need a digital format before MPEG Streamclip will do anything for you. It is handy for many oddball digital formats, however...

3. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

4. xStep macrumors 68000

If the content is already on DVD, then consider the options to transfer straight off of the DVD. After all, why go through analog yet again.

5. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    I was considering getting a Canopus for a while, but I'm pretty sure with my Canon XH-A1 camcorder, I can transfer from VCR to camcorder. I would prefer to transfer to DV tape first and import into my apple at my convenience, but I may have to transfer straight to the computer from the VCR because I couldn't figure out how to make my camcorder record what I was seeing on the LCD screen.