Thoughts on Zagg Leatherskins

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by LostAggie, Mar 9, 2012.

1. LostAggie macrumors 6502

I am considering getting a Zagg Leatherskin for the back of the unit and SmartCover for the front.

Anyone have experience with the Zagg Leatherskin? Anyone that can compare to GelaSkin or Skinits?

Thanks in advance...

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Better than any other skin I have tried, I have used the LeatherSkin on my iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and I ordered on for my new iPad. My favorite iDevice accessory:).

I have not tried Skinit, but I've tried Gelaskins, Zagg, BSE, and a couple others. The others are nice for what they are, but not like the LeatherSkin. I love how the Poly LeatherSkin goes perfect with the Poly Smart Cover. And I love the white leather on my new iPhone 4S. I actuality had purchased a couple cheap back plates for my iPhone 4, and got a couple different LeatherSkins so I could switch the back out and have a new look.

3. glidewells macrumors newbie

I have been looking at these for my iPhone also, just wish they had the logo cut out though. Also thought this would be a good mix with the leather smart cover on my iPad.

4. rosemary1 macrumors regular

I assume there are no issues with removing the skin?

5. TC25 macrumors 68020

Only if you don't mind throwing away $40.

6. Manilae macrumors newbie

How good are these Zagg leather skins in terms of protection ? I like the design and so on but im worrying a little bit about the Bezel which is not protected by smart cover or leather skin :-/.

7. Manilae macrumors newbie

8. TC25 macrumors 68020

If it's not covered, it's not protected. I'm not being sarcastic, but this is kind of obvious.

9. jjk454ss, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012

jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

i'm the opposite, I won't buy something with the logo cutout. I like to just cover it up:). But on my iPad 2, I did purchase an Angry Birds sticker to break up all the green a little:

[​IMG]

No problems, but it won't won't be able to be reused.

The bezel on the front is covered by the Smart Cover. If you mean the sides/edges, then no, but I just got mine to keep the back from getting scratched when I set it down or slide it on a table.

10. sovereign macrumors 6502

sovereign

What is the thickness of the Leatherskin? I use the iPad in a RAM cradle, which was originally designed for the first iPad, though it works with the 2 and will work with the new one as well (by the use of two tiny bumpers which take up the extra space due to the decreased thickness.) Will the Leatherskin be too thick which may make it not work at all because of area where the two bottom corners slide in?

[​IMG]

11. TC25 macrumors 68020

Hint: Answered at the Zagg web site.

12. rosemary1 macrumors regular

Fair enough. If I did get one I would keep it on for the long-term, but at some point it would eventually come off. I just don't want a back full of goo.

So is a leather skin and smart cover combo a good protection solution? Obviously no so much from dropping, but I'm not too worried about that.

13. TC25 macrumors 68020

No goo.

Yes.

14. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Has anyone tried a Smart Cover with a Zagg Leatherskin thats not cutout for the Smart Cover? The Leatherskin is fairly thick, so I assume it wouldn't work well, but I want the Brown Embossed Leatherskin which doesn't come with the cutout, and I'm not sure if I could cut it nice enough?