Thoughts so far..How I wear mine..

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gsxr1000, Sep 20, 2015.

1. gsxr1000 macrumors member

gsxr1000

I have a wrist tattoo and it will lock everytime if its right on top of it so I choose to use mine unlocked. I use my apple pay from my phone so no biggie. Also I cant stand to wear my watches tight around my wrist it has to slide or I will feel confined and that also was causing lockup. I did find out that if I take off watch and lay on table my notifications will not transfer back to phone you have to use the passcode on watch then they will go back to phone if no passcode is present on watch they continue to go to watch while phone stays silent. So putting on charger or turning on airplane mode or turning off Bluetooth fixed this issue. As of right now everything is working as normal and advertised except apple pay but as I stated earlier no biggie. Haptic feedback can be erratic from time to time but im reading others having same issue but works 90 95% of time. Hopefully the next watch release nxt year they will fix the tattoo issue.

This is just my experience so far with 4 days of usage.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Return it. I don't think it's for you based on that you wear it loose enough to trigger a lock and that your tattoo just complicates things. I don't have to do any of what you're describing to get it to function as normal.

3. gsxr1000 thread starter macrumors member

gsxr1000

It's works just fine with lock off. Just can't use Apple Pay which wasn't it isn't a deal breaker. Just trying to give some insight for others that may run into this. But as far as functionality it's works very well. I get all notifications like I'm suppose to. Make and receive calls with no problem. Only difference is if I don't put it on charger and just lay it on table I have to turn airplane on or Bluetooth off so everything goes back to phone.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

the lock mechanism + wearing it loose plays a major role in the watch's functionality:

- It determines whether or not notifications should be sent to the phone or not
    - Apple Pay relies on it
    - Activation lock (coming in 2.0) relies on it.
    - The heart rate monitor will not work properly if worn loosely.