Thousands of dead pixels | MB pro retina late 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mjw92, Feb 20, 2017.

1. mjw92 macrumors newbie

mjw92

Hello,

Recently I started noticing a "galaxy" of dead pixels on my MB pro retina (late 2013) screen. The confusing part is that sometimes my whole screen is showing them and sometimes just a small part of the screen is affected. Is there any way to fix this?

[​IMG]

The screen was replaced about a year ago because of the "staingate" (anti reflection coating coming of). I have the same problem again but I think the replacement program is not running anymore?

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Depending on your country, there's still warranty on the screen replacement, no matter wether the program is still running or not.

3. mjw92 thread starter macrumors newbie

mjw92

I'm from Germany and the screen was replaced last year in March. The coating came of a while ago but only on the black corners of the screen. The dead pixels are a real problem though. I have something in my head though that in germany there is only 6 Months Guaranty on replacement parts. Will do some research

4. Calby macrumors 6502

Calby

But you have warranty for 2 years according to EU law on the hole computer, when did you purchase it?
    If your still under the warranty you can claim that one.
    It's not warranty don't know the name for it in English but in Swedish it calls "reklamation" and you can only claim it to your reseller.