Thread Consolidation Suggestion

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Mlrollin91, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

We all know that there are dozens of threads with the same topic, either iPhone 5, Should I wait or buy now, Battery problems and so on.

How about creating a system that when someone creates a new thread, it will automatically be posted in another thread that is extremely similar, because we all know that the search function is used all the time... :rolleyes:

Now I know that this would not be entirely too easy to implement, and I am absolutely terrible with coding and website designs, so forgive me if this isn't possible, but its just something that came to mind when looking at the 2+ dozen iPhone 5 threads.

2. celticpride678

It would be very difficult to implement because the code would not be able to recognize if one thread is exactly the same as another.

3. Mlrollin91 thread starter macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

That sucks, wish it could be written to identify keywords like "Search Forums" does. Oh well maybe in a few years! Was worth a try though.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Yahoo Answers! matches your question to the closest ones on the site off to the side and tells you to look at those first. Maybe we could have something like that?

5. celticpride678

I've actually seen that on some forums systems too...vBulletin feature?