Thread Dedicated to those sleeping outside...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wnxgenral, Jun 16, 2010.

1. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

Well heres to us that have to work on a daily basis and don't get to spend all day refreshing apples website. I'll be sleeping outside to get my iPhone 4. boom. I guess this is 4 years in a row.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Why not just wait until the next day and walk in and get one?

3. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

would they have another shipment in by the next day. I might be waiting outside my local AT&T store but IDK if i will be getting there early enough to warrant sleeping. I want to balance not looking to desperate to passersby while also getting a decent spot in line.

4. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

tag for pics!

I'll be sitting on the couch, waiting for delivery and then going to work late that day :D

5. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Go to Best Buy they usually always over order, however I am not sure about this year's i4 :rolleyes:

I think there is more Hype then reality will have it, so I am betting that there will be i4's available for walk-ins, man everyone gets so crazy about this, but I am sure Apple will have extras to sell.

Good Luck to all

6. MacNasty macrumors member

i worked for AT&T when they launched the original iPhone. Apple stores were getting shipments every single day after the launch day...so more then likely its the same now...so more then likely you will be able to walk into an apple store the next day and get one

7. puregreddy macrumors newbie

If you have to work on a daily basis and don't get to spend all day refreshing apples website.......then how is it that you get to spend all day/night sleeping in front of an apple store to get your iphone?????????????????????:rolleyes:

8. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

because if you go there one day after work. sleep, then wake up and buy the phone and make it to work in the morning, how is that a problem

9. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

10. TrumpetGuy macrumors newbie

I probably won't be sleeping outside, but I'll be sitting outside a store all night, then sleep after I get home. If I can put my iPhone down long enough to sleep that is...

11. Gagoots macrumors regular

Wow. Don't mention the fact that you sleep outside in order to buy a phone on a first, second, third, fourth, or fifth date. As a matter of fact, don't tell ANY potential partners. Ever. Keep it from your friends as well.

12. Gagoots macrumors regular

13. wattsja macrumors regular

Depends ...

(See what I did there) :D

14. UnknownMacNoob macrumors member

Going at midnight or maybe 2ish. Idk. I don't think I'll need to sleep. Nor do I think I'd feel comfortable sleeping outside.

15. mac jones macrumors 68040

Yet you spend all day waiting in a line? :D

16. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Classy. :cool:

17. mcheng4 macrumors member

Hi - anyone here have experience waiting in line previous years? Also in a big city?

I am wondering how quickly they move....ppl/hour? I unfortunately reserved one in NYC Soho - and getting scared seeing videos of 3 block long lines at 6:30 PM launch day - I dont want to get there at like 5pm and not make it to the end of the line by closing time, and then they give up my phone!!!!

18. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

Last year, for the 3GS, I walked into the Mall of America store the day after it was released, asked if they had any - my friend said they sold out the day before and the lady said they got a shipment that morning.

I was out the door in less then 10 minutes.

19. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

I was thinking about going to my local AT&T store at about 5, but now reading this I am thinking I need to go earlier. I am in a decent sized town (Ann Arbor, MI). It is a college town but since it is the summer there are not as many people here. I still think there might be a line but... if there isn't I don't want to look like a loser by myself, and if there is I don't want to get there late.

20. erzeszut macrumors regular

Don't be so sure. 600K sold yesterday. I'd guess the supply of walk-in available phones will be EXTREMELY limited on June 24.

They'll catch up pretty quickly, at least until the white one is released. But I wouldn't be at all confident about getting a walk-in on the 24th.

21. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The only thing I can say is get a life. If you don't get one on the 24th, the world isn't going to end.

22. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

I don't live in a huge town (central Jersey shore area) but when the 3G came out I had planned on lining up after midnight. However, a line started in front of my local AT&T store around 10pm. I was 3rd in line that year.

I think that if you want a shot at an iP4 this year you're going to have to line up well before midnight.