Thread links leading to the wrong threads

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Macman1993, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Macman1993 macrumors 6502

Macman1993

I've been noticing today that some of the threads in the page 1 news section are not linking to the correct thread. I noticed the one million post thread linked to a support topic. The AT&T iAd lead to some topic about a case for an iPhone and there have been one or two more but I don't remember what they were off the top of my head. After I reload the page the problem goes away but occasionally it happens again. I'm not sure if anyone else has been experiencing this but I think its an issue that deserves looking into.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Try reseting the browser, could be a cookie issue or something.

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Yes this has happened a lot today. I selected an unlocking thread on the iphone and ended up looking at a thread on Glen Beck. Happened with lots of other threads. Has not happened this afternoon.

4. Knox Administrator

Knox

Staff Member

There was an issue earlier with some of the performance optimisations and the fact we had crossed the 1m thread barrier. I hope it should be fixed now but if you've seen it reoccurring after 11am EST (i.e. ~4 hours ago) I'll have another look.

5. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

I'm having problems all across the board.

6. chown33 macrumors 604

Still seeing problems here, too. Just happened a bunch of times.

Two different Mac minis, different OS versions, different Safari versions, and problem appears in Camino, too.

7. ic1 macrumors member

Same here

Redirections still occurring as of 10 minutes ago in various threads (e.g. linked in a thread in Mac Apps went to a thread on iPhone apps; subject in MacBook Pro linked to another iPhone subject) on Safari, Firefox and Chrome. All browsers are current.

8. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

9. Weepul macrumors regular

Still happening on occasion for me. I'll load up a link from the Mac Pro forum and wonder why I'm now reading something about iPhone cases. :confused:

10. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Still happening as of 11:30 pm eastern time. Hope it gets ironed out soon.

11. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I also would like to add I am experiencing the same issue in the New England area if that mattters server wise

12. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

Still happening for me too. I notice it the most in the buying tips, mac hardware, and mac software sections, I haven't noticed it in the iPhone, iPod, or site feedback forums. I guess that is probably just coincidence though.