Thread Page Only Loads 90%

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
What is wrong, flushing the cache didn't help?

And speaking of a good flushing and a specific thread... :eek:

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
Sun Baked said:
What is wrong, flushing the cache didn't help?

And speaking of a good flushing and a specific thread... :eek:
Does resetting Safari do the same thing as flush the cache? And yes, it's a goofy thread, but I think a lot of us had fun with it; I know I did. :p

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
It has nothing to to with your cache - the linked GIFs weren't being downloaded, so they were never cached.

paleck

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2005
with the Tequila!
MACDRIVE said:
Does resetting Safari do the same thing as flush the cache? And yes, it's a goofy thread, but I think a lot of us had fun with it; I know I did. :p
Resetting safari resets everything: removes all of your cookies, removes all of the auto-fill stuff and flushes the cache, etc. Basically it resets Safari back to the way it was before you had every used it(except your bookmarks, I think). Flushing your cache only deletes the files your computer has cached in order to speed up the loading of websites you visit a lot.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
jsw said:
It has nothing to to with your cache - the linked GIFs weren't being downloaded, so they were never cached.
jsw, I see what you mean now.... and ThankYou for cleaning up the thread. :)

paleck said:
Resetting safari resets everything: removes all of your cookies, removes all of the auto-fill stuff and flushes the cache, etc. Basically it resets Safari back to the way it was before you had every used it(except your bookmarks, I think). Flushing your cache only deletes the files your computer has cached in order to speed up the loading of websites you visit a lot.
And ThankYou for that information paleck. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.