Thread Renewing Help

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by zainjetha, Feb 16, 2008.

1. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

guys sorry this is a dumb question but has to be asked once and for all..

when i post a thread and it is answered the thread then becomes marked as read and i dont feel i have recieved an adequate response how do i make sure the thread is given the attention is required apart from posting a new thread which says 'RE - 'name of previous thread'' which makes silly moderators put in wasteland...

would be most grateful if this could be explained to me

and moderator please dont post this thread in wasteland....

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

No, I'll move it to the appropriate forum instead. :)

If it hasn't received a reply, then please don't bump it, don't post duplicate threads... you can add further information if it's helpful to readers. But sometimes, you have to do your own research and just accept that no-one knows the answer.

3. zainjetha thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah but how do you make the thread be marked as unread again not read....

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Unread for whom? You, or all members? Doesn't really matter, as it can't, but if for your own needs want to keep the thread "high priority," simply subscribe to it and then check your subscribed threads periodically.

Attached Files:

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Ask another question in the thread, which is allowed if it goes along with the current thread.

Of course a game of 20 questions might get people to jump on you also.

However if you are just trying to keep track of your own threads, bookmark them, subscribe to a thread, etc.

Or look at your member name, view profile, and look at the threads started by you.