Thread To Moan About Having To Use Current Phone

HEK

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Thread created for people to lament and moan about using their current phone a few more days or weeks. The phone that a year ago was the greatest thing since sliced bread, which suddenly has become pond scum. Not worthy to be used another day.

Person with best sob story and greatest sense of entitlement may win a used Black iPhone 7 Plus Leather case.

LiemTa

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
And to think, this is exactly the way we'll feel about iPhone X a year from now when we learn about the next iPhone.

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
Hardly "pond scum"... the 7+ has served me well, and will continue to do so. Not upgrading... no need to abandon what works for some new device that may/may not be all it's been hyped to be.

Hoosier317

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
I've been complaining about my 64gb 6s Plus all day. It's suddenly felt like a complete turd while I wait for my 256gb iPhone X

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Your old phone is just a phone. The X is still just a phone. I don’t look at my old phone now like it’s crap. It’s not that important to me lol.

Reactions: Bethanie21

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Your old phone is just a phone. The X is still just a phone. I don’t look at my old phone now like it’s crap. It’s not that important to me lol.
Agreed. A phone is a replaceable piece of tech superseded by another phone each year. All that matters is that the phone meets the users expectations and does exactly what they need it to. But the main core functionality of phones is the same, which is a device that is used primarily for communication, which older phones serve perfectly fine for some that don't need the latest iPhone model every year.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I still very much love my 6S plus and I am honestly not sold on keeping the X. I really do need a new battery in this thing though if I plan on keeping it. That is ultimately what nudged me in the direction of purchase.

swinery

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2017
anyone android here

I wanted a phone to integrate with my macbook I bought earlier this year, but thought i'd wait a few months for the rumored oled model