Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cymerc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
so the new iOS 4 has threaded email and it works for gmail, but only if you create the account as a gmail account.

now, if you want gmail to use push, you have to use the m.google.com in exchange and that gives you push but no threaded emails.... now, the exchange account was set up before I updated, if I delete it and re-do it, will the threads work? or am I stuck choosing between threaded emails and push?

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I had threaded Exchange Gmail in all betas and GM on a 3GS. I started as a new phone each time, I never restore from backup.

cymerc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I had threaded Exchange Gmail in all betas and GM on a 3GS. I started as a new phone each time, I never restore from backup.

ok thanks, I'll give it a try quick question. if you dont restore from a backup, do you just deal with losing all of your app data such as save-games etc..? or is there a way to restore only parts of a backup file?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.