Three beeps and flashing sleep light on start up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by emmerson1967, Jul 7, 2008.

1. emmerson1967 macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I really hope someone can help with my problem.I am a Mac newbie and bought a Macbook pro MB133 about three months ago ( I currently live in Beijing ).A few weeks after I bought it I tried to start it one morning and had three flashing lights and three beeps.I switched it off and tried to start it again with no problems.However last week the same problem appeared but now it is worse.It will sometimes start if I take out the battery and plug it into the mains and then press the control key or sometimes the option key.I have checked the disks through disk utility and there does not seem to be a problem.I have read on some forums that it may be due to a RAM problem and that by taking them out and replacing them the problem should be solved.I haven't tried this yet and would prefer a professional to do this to be honest as I am no computer whizzkid.I am pretty disappionted to be honest because I thought long and hard about buying the Mac and for it to have problems after a few months does not inspire confidence.I do like the product but I am now concerned about reliability.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Many thanks.

2. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

3. emmerson1967 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Merlin,
    Reseated the RAM and problem solved.Cheers.