Three Engravings near SuperDrive Tray?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Kyeris, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Kyeris macrumors 6502

I bought this MacBook on eBay a week or so ago, it's showing as ~8 weeks old right now and it was new in box with all the wrappings when I first bought it.

I haven't used the SuperDrive at all until today when I installed Microsoft Office and the Garage Band sound pack. I'm positive I didn't cause this damage; one because I have taken care of this MacBook like it was my baby, and two because I don't see how this would have been possible by me.

The picture is kinda hard to see, sorry it was difficult to try and get a good steady shot of it.

I'm clueless as of what to do about this, any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Looks like cosmetic damage.

Could be from something being dragged there, who knows.

3. Kyeris thread starter macrumors 6502

I honestly would have thought the same thing, except I've barely even used this machine over the past week because I've been so busy, and it's been in the Incase case I bought with it or on top of the case the entire time, and hasn't dropped what so ever. Could something have damaged it through the case? This is driving me crazy, the things been on my bed or ontop of my desk... and that's about it, I have nothing around me that could cause this damage. Maybe I missed something? Argh sorry for just rambling on, I'm just clueless..

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Are you sure it wasn't used at ALL prior to your buying it?

5. Kyeris thread starter macrumors 6502

It was still inside the clear wrap that it was supposed to come with when it's new, including the cute little black sticker that binds the ends of the wrap together.

6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Maybe you snagged the base of the zipper on the Incase sleeve on there once?

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

8. bobnugget macrumors regular

You can peel away one end of the sticky clear plastic (on the short side of the macbook), slide it out, then use it to your hearts content, and reseal it. The black (or grey) sticker will look untouched, so check the seals at the side closely when you get a "new" MacBook (or Pro) from eBay.