Three finger swipe issue with Chrome

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Blindside_, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Blindside_ macrumors newbie

I have my MacBook a couple of months now, converted from Windows 10. Very happy with the decision so far and getting used to all the gestures and shortcuts now. I'm having an unusual issue though, it's not a major problem but is annoying all the same. I have 3 desktops set up; Spotify (full screen), Desktop (for most of my use) and iTunes (also full screen). It's handy to use the Three Finger Swipe between them. However, the issue is when I'm using Chrome and then swipe to Spotify or iTunes and then swipe back to Desktop another window pops up in front of Chrome and I have to manually click on Chrome again to use it. More often than not it's Mail that pops up, but can be other apps too. This is fairly annoying as I'm often using Chrome and flicking back and forth to play music.

I've attempted deleting Chrome (including library files) a couple of times and the issue persists.

It's almost as if Apple want me to start using Safari instead...

Any suggestions to stop this happening and for the Chrome browser to stay as it was when I swipe back?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

I cannot repeat your problem, however I am running Yosemite. Maybe it's a "feature" in El Capitan...

3. pedrom Suspended

El Cap is better than Yosemite on every single metric. It was released with less bugs than Yosemite has in version .5.

Anyway, I can't reproduce the problem, too. 10.11.3.