Three finger swipe to navigate doesn't work in any application (safari, finder, etc)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by watermelon, Jul 5, 2008.

1. watermelon macrumors regular

So, I have a penryn multitouch macbook pro and the three finger swipe randomly stopped working.
    I've had other problems with the laptop that have lead me to do a fresh reinstall of leopard (not an archive&install but erase and install).
    The three finger swipe worked the first few weeks, but randomly stopped working, and still doesn't work after the erase and install?
    The install is from the CD that came with the macbook pro which i bought at the apple store.
    I went to the prefs pane for trackpad, and there is no checkbox next to "three finger swipe" so im assuming its turned on automatically?
    Any suggestions to get it working?
    Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What is it you're trying to do with the 3 finger swipe in Safari? It doesn't need to be checked. It just works.

3. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

When you try to do the three finger swipe is the cursor inside the Safari window?

4. jus407 macrumors member

i have had the EXACT same problem and done the exact same things you have except i reinstalled leopard and then used a time capsule back up and now three finger swipe doesn't work, i have start up problems, and the zoom feature (two finger thing) doesnt work either...

has your problem been fixed or did you get your mbp replaced??

5. watermelon thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I had to get it replaced. (for free!:))

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Multitouch only works on a few applications. Some like Aperture still don't support it!

7. watermelon thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, but the problem was with Safari and finder, for example.